DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Find it hilarious that the baseball players Punk referenced when talking about the types of guys Page should be taking advice from are notorious steroid dudes. 

That was really amusing. You’ve got bonds, McGuire, and sosa back their offering advice, and your not gonna take it?!?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

All this backstage fight stuff got me wondering…who is the Haku / Kurt Angle of the AEW locker room? I mean now that Marko Stunt is gone anyway.

Hager? 

Joe?

Would Joe be on team Punk? They have previous for dealing with Teddy Hart’s backstage tomfoolery.

17 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Between TK looking absolutely haggard and the Bed Bath and Beyond CFO jumping out a window I’ve never been more content to be a lazy underachieving piece of shit. 

That last part is your internalized capitalism talking. 

Take a nap and do not a goddamn thing today. You've earned it.

• Like 2

For me, the line of the night was Punk saying “if you have a problem with me, take it up with me in the hallway” - while he was, y’know bitching about dudes who weren’t in the room to defend themselves, but probably had seen Punk in the hallway not five minutes earlier (not Cabana, obviously).

Also, apparently the Page stuff stems from something Page said - in character - during the buildup to their title match.  Meltzer thinks Mr. Deal-With-Me-Directly went home and stewed about it for three months, then went off script the first time he got a live mic in his hand.  

i can believe Punk didn’t ask Tony Khan to fire Cabana using those words.  I also would not be surprised if most people in the company realized Punk still hates Cabana and probably wanted him gone and wouldn’t be happy if Colt stayed around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I think when Punk came back he suggested Danielson would be a hypothetical partner for a dream match vs the Bucks. But you just know Regal is off somewhere minding his own business thinking these knuckleheads aren't tarnishing any of his dudes with their bullshit. 

He basically said his group is only interested in training and getting better as performers 

• Like 1

I don't care if it's a work or a shoot. I don't care if it's a shirt I can buy on Woot. I am not interested and it makes the whole company look unprofessional. Between that and some of the booking decisions last night I think I'll just return to the Dark and Elevation corner of the internet and pretend the rest of the company doesn't exist for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisPBacon said:

Work or not, this is damn entertaining.  Ive consumed 8 hours of AEW today. 

Because Punk is Hitman, i am to make of it that The Elite are the new Kliq?

I mean, they do the whole Kliq schtick. When you phrase it that way, it really seems like trying to do a whole modern worked shoot update on 1996 WWE politics.

• Like 1

Just now, Jiji said:

I am working on getting my pc up and running again tomorrow, so I sincerely apologize for the url instead of embedded tweeet but I reckon at least one person around here will appreciate the prophecy of Brother Cody. 

https://twitter.com/slate_s42/status/1566809486538448896?t=RH1ZZDCPU7qJOg_Ls-KAYQ&s=19

My man got out before they could run a "whose side is Cody on?!" angle and I'll never forgive him.

Elsewhere in "old clips that hit different now" news:

• Haha 6

Re: the elite being nu kliq... they're the good guys this time. Fight me if u disagree. 

What is Omega's contract status? Isn't he a free agent in January? And the Bucks re-upped last year long term. I am sure he'd like to stay with them but I could see him peacing out if this gets worse before it gets better. I watch where he goes. I'd still watch aew but certainly not like I do now if Omega is elsewhere. 

Edited by Jiji

14 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

My man got out before they could run a "whose side is Cody on?!" angle and I'll never forgive him.

Elsewhere in "old clips that hit different now" news:

I will never forgive Tony Khan for gift wrapping one of their top draws on a silver platter to WWE. It was pure idiocy. 

Even more idiocy considering his whole spiel about "I've got more money than Crockett ever did!" last night.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I think when Punk came back he suggested Danielson would be a hypothetical partner for a dream match vs the Bucks. But you just know Regal is off somewhere minding his own business thinking these knuckleheads aren't tarnishing any of his dudes with their bullshit. 

He knows Danielson is professional enough to take the fall.

• Like 1