NXT ratings:

Last week 626k (0.14)

This week 631k (0.14)

Keeps going up viewer's wise.

Ranked no 23.

That's pretty good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Crazy that the my didn't take the belts off them first last night.

I'm guessing they didn't have confirmation last night at taping time and didn't want to make a rash decision. 

Obviously not the point at all, but I wonder if they're going to try to salvage Wes Lee at all or just quietly show him the door at some point.  

And this is the one time when the Full Sail mutants were right, what do ya know about that. 

• Like 2

If I'm Impact this is where I offer to make nice with WWE and allow Trey Miguel out of his deal if WWE is interested. You slide him & one other person into MSK and it can still be salvaged. You just say in exchange for that you let Trey work one more set of tapings to drop the X Title with The NXT Tag Title present.

That's pretty dumb. Just willingly let WWE have one of their contracted talents just because? And all they get in return is to show the NXT tag title on their show? Oooof.

How is that dumb?

Impact is the bottom of every metric we judge "national" promotions by. Letting one of it's acts sign with WWE would do more in gaining positive reputation than keeping Trey Miguel on their roster would. (And who knows, he may not even be interested in WWE. I'm just riffing).

Remember Anthem trying to fight Matt Hardy on who owns the broken stuff? What did that gain them? Absolutely nothing. Mickie James showing up at The Rumble with The Knockouts Title got them more publicity than anything they've done for themselves in almost a decade. This would be a similar move.

The days of them being considered anything more than just an indy with a deep history are gone. They will never be competitive again. They will never be higher than like number 5 ever again. (And even that is a stretch).

They should absolutely be open to letting their guys move on if they get something positive in return. Don't cling to being a competitor, understand your surroundings and play nice with anyone willing to acknowledge your existence.

11 hours ago, Hagan said:

I mean, I know that I'm being worked by a pro wrestling promo and all wrestlers are inherently meant to be liars but was Dusty becoming WWF champion some burning ambition to the point that a young child had to promise to bring the belt home to avenge his father? 

FWIW when Cody first left WWE and did a big interview/article with some magazine or website (I think it wasn't even a wrestling one) he pretty much told this exact same story, so if it a fabrication it is one he's been consistent about for several years now.

I think the issue is less that Cody is insincere but that he is over-rehearsed. He comes off very much as someone who goes over something over and over to make sure he says it in the exact right way and it often ends up sounding less natural because of it.

The one time Cody is undeniably genuine is when he’s pissy about fans (or other wrestlers to a degree) feeling like they have some sort of meaningful emotional connection to Dusty. 

Edited by Matt D

6 hours ago, Casey said:

That's pretty dumb. Just willingly let WWE have one of their contracted talents just because? And all they get in return is to show the NXT tag title on their show? Oooof.

yeah, they should make a trade in exchange for getting Christian for one n-- oh..

If this was old time wrestling, this would be solved by airing an old non-title match and claiming it as a title change

16 hours ago, nofuture said:

It's been escalating for the last few days, and Kimber Lee just released that photo of Carter with a Hitler stash doing a Nazi salute.  WWE probably didn't figure it would come to this.

Now it is being reported from Wes Lee's wife that Kimber didn't produce the Nazi photo but it was Dave Crist who Nash used to hang out with.    Dave Crist was exposed as a one of the more devious scumbags during the Speaking Out period and went completely silent thank god.   

The Kimber Lee thing is just so strange and really hard to follow sides.  It certainly didn't help when Kimber seemed to be supportive of MSK winning the titles a good 3 or 4 days after exposing the abuse from Nash.  I figure the Nazi picture is what ultimately got rid of him because the spousal abuse allegation are so muddy.  Plus the WWE has shown how little that is an issue

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Now it is being reported from Wes Lee's wife that Kimber didn't produce the Nazi photo but it was Dave Crist who Nash used to hang out with.    Dave Crist was exposed as a one of the more devious scumbags during the Speaking Out period and went completely silent thank god.   

The Kimber Lee thing is just so strange and really hard to follow sides.  It certainly didn't help when Kimber seemed to be supportive of MSK winning the titles a good 3 or 4 days after exposing the abuse from Nash.  I figure the Nazi picture is what ultimately got rid of him because the spousal abuse allegation are so muddy.  Plus the WWE has shown how little that is an issue

I'd tell you with all due respect, tread really lightly around an abused partner's motivations.  One never knows what the situation is.  Kimber could very well have shown support out of fear, or a hope that this would provide a distraction for him, or she was just having a good day mentally... or god only knows what.  

If even half of what she's alleging is true, then he's a monster that needs a lot of mental help.  Hopefully he and she find some kind of peace. 

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I completely lost track of what was going on with her and just assumed she was released.  But good for her coming back.

She was pregnant and had a kid. Presumably she then took time to get ring ready.

• Like 1

Per WWE social media

"The Current NXT Tag Team Champions have relinquished the titles."

New champions to be determined on this upcoming Tuesdays show

Xavier Woods vs Butch was perfectly fine.  Gunther was suitably stiff and horrendous destroying that dude.  Sami Zayne is the Terry Funk of the WWE, taking over the whole match versus Drew McEntyre and bumping like a lunatic. Naomi is very charming.  Liv Morgan and Sasha were a little sloppy but still good.  Naomi puts Liv and Rhea over on commentary, so she rules.  Liv Morgan is so good; I loved the finish, even if it defies logic.  She rolled through!  So I guess Sasha pins Liv again Monday?  Soooo much to fast forward through.  There was like 15 minutes of wrestling.

Fast episode

Few of NXT 2.0 Superstars left their NXT dimension to be on SD: Gunther and Ludwig Kaiser invaded SD.  Raquel Rodriguez the Giantess.

Madcap was betrayed by Corbin. They should bring back sad down on his luck Corbin.

Is Lacey getting a new gimmick? her old one never worked anyway.

Didn't expect Liv to win, I expect Sasha to get her win back.

The SD and Raw tag belts are next to be unified. 

Edited by Blue Dragon