DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Wentz is not good. But I don't ever see anyone explain why.

His first year was great. His second year was great, until he tore his ACL.

The reason Wentz was good that first year and a half was the threat of his taking off. Tearing his ACL completely took that element out of his game. As a strictly pocket passer he was average at best. But as a guy that used to have that option to take off and now he knows he can't rely on that, his decision making and confidence fell off a cliff. Add that in with average at best skills, dude is beyond sub par. And it's only going to get worse. He's going to be terrible this year because his low confidence has to take yet another shot since Reich is his boy and even he pulled the ripcord.

As a NY Giants fan I love everything about this.

• Like 1

Wentz actually wasn't bad most of last year, until he caught Covid and then played two terrible games to end the season and knock the team out of the playoffs.

I mean, he wasn't a star, but he was statistically an above average starting QB last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dogwelder said:

Not sure what to think about the Wentz trade.  As bad as he is now, sadly he's still an upgrade over Heinicke.

I still expect Washington to pick a QB at 11th, though, if Willis or Pickett are available.

Well considering the local Indy guys are saying - Wentz was going to definitely be released so.... yeah....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There's a guy who wears #4 who's about 2 days from being extremely available.   

EDIT -- oh and it seems everyone on Twitter thinks that The Handsomest QB in the NFL is going to Indy. 

Favre has been considering a comeback to pay his taxes...

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, supremebve said:

That feeling you get after reading this bullshit... that's how I feel when you guys try to say Matthew Stafford is a hall of fame quarterback. 

Saying Matthew Stafford is a HOFer is a whole lot less laughable than saying Mitch Trubisky's years 2-4, where he didn't play all 16 games even once and totaled 8000 yards, compares favorably to Peyton Manning's years 2-4 where he played all 16 all 3 times and led the NFL in yards and TDs once while throwing for nearly 13,000 yards.

I get that "hot takes" generate traffic but I honestly have no idea what the writer was getting at with that comparison.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Being a hyped up backup after being a failed starter pays dividends in modern NFL. It has the last few years.

I want someone to love me the way hack writers love backup quarterbacks. This punk bitch really compared Mitch Trubisky to three hall of famers... and sent that shit to be published. He wants people to see this. If I ever thought something that dumb,  I'd be so ashamed of myself. I wouldn't want anyone to know I was capable of such stupidity... this dude told the world. 

@TabeMatthew Stafford won the Super Bowl after a decade of mediocrity, and people think he belongs in the same building as Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas. It's not the same,  but it ain't really different. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, supremebve said:

@TabeMatthew Stafford won the Super Bowl after a decade of mediocrity, and people think he belongs in the same building as Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas. It's not the same,  but it ain't really different. 

On the flipside - he's a better quarterback than Joe Namath or Terry Bradshaw...

• Like 1

Just now, Tabe said:

On the flipside - he's a better quarterback than Joe Namath or Terry Bradshaw...

Ok,  I'll give you Joe Namath,  but Bradshaw was the quarterback for the best team of the decade,  he belongs. Bob Griese can go. Dan Fouts is the Matthew Stafford of his day, so he can go. Phil Simms just played in New York. Ken Anderson and Kenny Stabler wouldn't be in my hall,  but pretty much everyone else belongs. The list of Hall of Fame quarterbacks is actually pretty good all things considered. I don't think it's going to stay that way because too many people are going to get in. If you can never be in the conversation of best in the league,  you probably shouldn't be in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

Ok,  I'll give you Joe Namath,  but Bradshaw was the quarterback for the best team of the decade,  he belongs. Bob Griese can go. Dan Fouts is the Matthew Stafford of his day, so he can go. Phil Simms just played in New York. Ken Anderson and Kenny Stabler wouldn't be in my hall,  but pretty much everyone else belongs. The list of Hall of Fame quarterbacks is actually pretty good all things considered. I don't think it's going to stay that way because too many people are going to get in. If you can never be in the conversation of best in the league,  you probably shouldn't be in. 

Phil Simms and Ken Anderson aren't in the Hall of Fame (unless I am misreading what you are trying to say)

• Like 1