DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I fully support the Broncos going "all in" on Russell Wilson. As the Rams just showed, and I hope more teams go in this direction, the draft is always more miss than hit. If you can get a bonafide pro bowl caliber player without giving up the farm, I think you should do it. Is anyone that Denver would draft in the first round the next two years going to be better than Wilson? Very unlikely, get your guy.

I look at the Bills, and I adore the Bills, but their early round draft picks haven't really worked out lately. This of course is a problem many teams have. I mean they gave up a 1st for Diggs plus a few more picks and it was a great decision, no regrets. If a GM/owner feels their team is on the cusp, go get your Super Bowl and worry about the future later. (one could argue the Broncos are missing a few other pieces but I appreciate the optimism)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I look at the Bills, and I adore the Bills, but their early round draft picks haven't really worked out lately. This of course is a problem many teams have. I mean they gave up a 1st for Diggs plus a few more picks and it was a great decision, no regrets. If a GM/owner feels their team is on the cusp, go get your Super Bowl and worry about the future later. (one could argue the Broncos are missing a few other pieces but I appreciate the optimism)

Really hard to support this when the organization selected their franchise altering QB is the first round four years ago. (And only three drafts ago since they didn’t have the 2020 pick)

• Like 1

Denver had to make a big move at QB this off-season. They have too much talent to not take a swing.

Now, granted, this is after they have fucked up every move at QB for the previous five or six years, so it's kinda their own fault they are in this position, but they needed to upgrade one way or another. If Wilson is healthy next year, it's a great move. And it's a lot better than sending 75% of this package to Minnesota for Kirk Cousins or rolling the dice on Trubisky or Winston.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

It's great timing, there is only so much mad you can be at one time, might as well get it all out now instead of waiting for a mad refill to make the fans mad all over again.

Fair point. I hadn't considered it that way. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Really hard to support this when the organization selected their franchise altering QB is the first round four years ago. (And only three drafts ago since they didn’t have the 2020 pick)

That's true as 2018 was a good draft class but 2022 isn't. I just am saying I support teams going all-in, if it doesn't work it doesn't work but I prefer that to the Broncos signing Bridgewater or Dalton or Mitch and being satisfied with another .500 season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm old enough that my first reaction to hearing the Wilson trade was, "I can't believe the Seahawks would trade him to someone in their own division!"

The Seahawks in the NFC and the Astros in the AL will always feel wrong to me. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Same with the Brewers in the NL.

Lol,  the Brewers haven't been good enough for me to actually think about them enough to notice.  Until I read this,  I legit forgot they were ever in the AL and I root for a AL Central division rival. 

Apparently the Cowboys approached DeMarcus Lawrence about what was described as a "pay cut". He declined

So now folks believe Dallas will release him (at some point) with the post June 1 designation.

If they do so - they would save $19 million

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Log said:

I didn't love Wentz in Indy, but who the hell do they start now?  Sam Ehlinger is next on depth chart, I believe.  Do they trade for someone or draft?

There's a guy who wears #4 who's about 2 days from being extremely available.   

EDIT -- oh and it seems everyone on Twitter thinks that The Handsomest QB in the NFL is going to Indy. 

Funny listening the justification for Wentz is that if he doesn't succeed in the first year they can just get rid of him and it doesn't kill them too much.  Problem is that Wentz is always solid in that first year and then after year 2 or 3 we realize how average to shitty he really is  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Log said:

I didn't love Wentz in Indy, but who the hell do they start now?  Sam Ehlinger is next on depth chart, I believe.  Do they trade for someone or draft?

I think the fact that they are already done with him speaks volumes. He was the worst quarterback in the league 2 years ago and the coach who loves him the most picked him up off the scrap heap. If Frank Reich doesn't think he has anything left,  why does The Football Team? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

The Colts did something...smart? Legitimately surprised.

Well that depends on what the QB will be.  If it is Jacoby Brissett level then all you really did was eliminate the pain of being close to the playoffs

• Sad 1