PERIOD.

UNDER.

REGULAR.

RULES.

LIKE.

BASKETBALL.

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 6

sudden death only works in a sport where change of possession is so fluid as to be guaranteed to occur frequently and rapidly.  Like hockey.

not football, which has spent 30+ years trying to legislate the fumble out of existence

• Like 3

At this point, I'd do an extreme version of the college route where each team starts on their own 40 or 20. You get a possession on both ends and if you have multiple OTs, it's probably from lack of scoring and not excessive scoring. 

• Like 2

The Bills are proposing their own OT change and it is probably the most logical/most likely to happen one

For the playoffs only - OT is a timed period (it would remain unchanged for the regular season)

• Like 1

The Giants - who are in salary cap hell - have started their cuts with getting rid of Kyle Rudolph

Rudolph says he doesn't plan on retiring

Dave Gettleman at his finest

• Like 1

Gettleman really put them in a hole. How did he get hired in the first place? Ugh.

I'm a Barkley fan and don't want to see him go, but the rumor is he's available via trade. It's about the only way to free up cap space quickly. I do expect him to have a bounce back year this year, but regardless work horse RBs are just not worth it anymore. Zeke's number is crushing the Cowboys and he didn't do shit last year. The only work horse RB worth the money is Derek Henry. He's one in a million tho.

Might as well blow the team up. None of their skill position players are worth building around. Golliday was a bust. Engram's hands are made of baby oil. Sheppard is solid but he's become injury prone. Go young and cheap and hope your scouting department lands a few gems.

• Like 2

Well Engram is a FA so he is gone

Sheppard (along with Bradberry and Rudolph (who they already dumped) are the most commonly mentioned folks who will be gone due to how much they are making.

That being said - they still need to free up more money than that.

The reason Barkley is rumored to be on the trading block (besides the Giants saying they would listen on anyone) is because he is in his 5th year option. So he will be making over $7 million this season. And then he is a UFA. So it is either signing him to even bigger money which is dicey as fuck or letting him walk for nothing.

Again, thanks to Gettleman, they are stuck with Golladay for two more years since his cap hit would be $21.4 million (and cutting him right now would mean $23.6 million in dead cap space)

• Like 1

I missed Engrams's contract being up. He had so much potential but any time a pass hit him right in the hands you knew FOR SURE it was a drop coming. It's like a player that had all the tools to be the next Gronk but they had to play with one of those club casts on both hands at all times.

My neighbors will be quite happy he's gone because I will be screaming at my TV a little less on Sundays now.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips

The Bills have granted Cole Beasley's request to seek a trade.

Not sure how much luck they will have since apparently they will release him if unable to trade him (they will save a little over $6 million if they release him)

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ESPN MNF Analyst and Guy Who Sat Next To Dolfan in AP English senior year, Brian Griese is leaving ESPN to become QB coach for the 49ers.

Jumping out before Aikman replaces him.

(If I was Brian Griese, I would introduce myself to everyone I meet by saying "you know who Tom Brady is? Yeah, he was my backup when I led Michigan to the National Championship.")

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

ESPN MNF Analyst and Guy Who Sat Next To Dolfan in AP English senior year, Brian Griese is leaving ESPN to become QB coach for the 49ers.

Day 1: "OK, guys, Tom Brady was my backup. And he was so baffled by that decision, he nearly transferred." 

Day 2: "OK, guys, don't trip over your dog." 

Day 3: "OK, guys, don't get drunk and trip and fall in your teammate's driveway." 

Day 4: "OK, guys, sorry, that's all I got." 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't believe this miniature anecdote, since I have a hard time believing Brian Griese could hang in AP English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I don't believe this miniature anecdote, since I have a hard time believing Brian Griese could hang in AP English.

In Griese's defense, he did have a good enough high school transcript to get accepted to Michigan without a scholarship.