Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/7/2022


Recommended Posts

Hook matchup is interesting. Fuego was a face. Bears have been faces more than heels lately, but only lately. Solo's a heel and they have QT in the image with him, if I'm remembering right. My hope is that they have a tweener and facing both faces and heels moving forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Hook matchup is interesting. Fuego was a face. Bears have been faces more than heels lately, but only lately. Solo's a heel and they have QT in the image with him, if I'm remembering right. My hope is that they have a tweener and facing both faces and heels moving forward. 

Nah.  I think they're just putting Hook in the ring with a bona fied heel because they know that Hook working heel has not gotten boos, and probably won't even if he punted a puppy into the fifth row.

Hook is the Anti-Cody... or is Cody the Anti-Hook?

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I hope they save it for the PPV. It’d be a good “test”, and Nese is capable enough to hold Hook’s hand in a big spot like that.

March 6? Nah. They never let something in the undercard build that much. They're starting to tease it as of two weeks ago. Hook will be on to whoever's next by then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

March 6? Nah. They never let something in the undercard build that much. They're starting to tease it as of two weeks ago. Hook will be on to whoever's next by then.

That’s very true. They tend to just give undercard stuff a big match on TV. 

I hope they have someone good lined up for him at the PPV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That’s very true. They tend to just give undercard stuff a big match on TV. 

I hope they have someone good lined up for him at the PPV.

Christian or Dustin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really seems more and more like they're positioning Hook as their Goldberg. I mean, fuck it, why not? I'm not going to deny the dude is handsome as hell and cooler than most people in wrestling. Let his star shine and let him figure out more about wrestling along the way. People just want to see the guy and see him murk others so just put whoever the fuck in front of him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThatTCGuy said:

Sammy might be a fun guy to feed to Hook in a couple of months tbh

I thought that Hook vs. Sammy might be a money feud if Sammy were still TNT champion, but Cody messed things up.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Really seems more and more like they're positioning Hook as their Goldberg. 

I think Jade Cargill is the AEW Goldberg right now as the unbeaten TBS champion.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Thinking of people a cut above in the pecking order who could be credible win a few months down the line, I think there might be a fun scenario where Hook could out-shoot Jake Hager.

Speaking of which, has he been seen since Full Gear?

He's been on the vlogs so he's been backstage at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will forget everything from this show in about 40 minutes minus HOOK murdering QT and a real bummer of a replacement match. Dustin is a legend but your quarterly special feels like a mid tier Rampage now. Clash this ain't. Having 100 people on the roster and a lot of rods in the fire should lead to something more meaningful than this as a replacement. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

So Atlas hurt his knee and Cole did a knee bar type thing? Kind of a dick move.

To be fair, Cole was practically caressing that knee in the "kneebar". 

  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...