DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

So Jake Atlas is the best wrestler in AEW?  That powerbomb was something I've never seen before and I've been watching wrestling for 52 years.  The Hook match was in that it wasn't a total squash.  The Rhio/Ruby Soho vs Britt Baker/Jamie Hayter match was good.  Fhio looked really sharp in with Hayter and Britt's offense looked pretty nasty.  Daniel Garcia was the superstar of the main event.  He was INTENSE.  YAY! AEW RULES!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

So Atlas hurt his knee and Cole did a knee bar type thing? Kind of a dick move.

I'm on the Hook train officially. Woman's match with Ruby and Jamie was a "Settle down" special. Main was fun but had nothing on the woman's match last week.

He just grapevined the leg and you could see he wasn’t even attempting to put any torque on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bryan said:

He just grapevined the leg and you could see he wasn’t even attempting to put any torque on it.

Tenryu would almost approve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't know what did it during that Cole match - maybe it was how much Cole was giving him, or the announcers hyping him up - but it seems like Jake Atlas could be one of those guys this year that's near the top of the card. The crowd was pretty hot for him and most of his moves, too.

Seems like the injury bug didn't bite AEW quite as bad as we all thought this week, either.

• Like 3

Andrade: My question is… Why, this little kid work for Sting?

Tony: Darby Allen does not work for Sting. They are friends.

Andrade: Okay, how you know?

Tony: I know them very well.

That was a great silly exchange. Tony should be doing more live interviews like this without interruptions.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

A Dustin-Cody rematch would rule ass, but Sammy’s on a higher tier and this is clearly a kick the can down the road move. Huge blow for the special, but that’s the way with everything right now. Match should be very good. 

My thoughts exactly. I mean, obviously Sammy is gonna win... But it's good to know that I'm not the only one who sure wouldn't mind if they swerved us and we got Dustin vs Cody again.

purely in terms of potential match quality, I don't feel like Sammy vs Dustin is a downgrade at all.

Also: "Hookamania is running wild!" got a legit lol outa me. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3

I could see Cody at ringside "accidentally" costing Sammy and then telling Dustin to just lie down in their match because he's "not really a champion" or something.

It'd be perfectly in line with his "Hero Heel" persona.

• Like 1

Cole / Atlas was a nice match. I don’t mind the leg lock ending as it looked like Atlas could legit do nothing else at that point and Cole barely made contact with him.

Hook looked awesome and better than his match last week imo, I like how he always just wants to get out of the ring as soon as the deal is done and didn’t even want to give QT any attention until he pushed him. Taz saying that sometimes “it’s hard to get the words out” during his matches felt very wholesome.

I skipped the womens match tonight, Ruby has been doing nothing for me in the ring lately.

Main event was alright, nothing too crazy. I felt the finish came a bit out of nowhere and Eddie looked a bit weak throughout the whole thing. Santana looked like a bad ass tho.

8 hours ago, Peck said:

To be fair, Cole was practically caressing that knee in the "kneebar". 

That was the loosest kneebar I have ever seen.  I probably wouldn't have fake kneebar the injured knee, but what else could you do?   Moving Atlas into position for the Boom and then hitting it on a man with a blown knee might not the best thing either.  Atlas should use that Sky High Power Bomb as an alternate finisher when he gets back.

Women's tag was really good and properly sets up Riho to get jaw clawed tonight at BotB.  That Saito suplex, tho.

I like Hook being an omnivore and not really giving a shit about who he chokes out so long as he keeps piling up Ws.  I am thinking the Face / Heel / Winner shirt Cody designed for himself should have been a Hook shirt.  It is pretty interesting to notice how practiced and choreographed his entrance is.  Hooks's obviously keeping time in his head and maybe even counting his steps, because he knows just how long he has to circle the ring and get to the ring steps before the track breaks into the next chorus.

Cody not being medically cleared for his TNT title match following the Roman Reigns fake COVID angle does not really warm my heart.  Sammy should beat Dustin unless there is some chicanery afoot.

Starks should follow Hooks example and defend the FTW title against someone from the Factory like QT or Nick Comoroto.

Main event was nice and violent.  I am enjoying the continued push of 2.0 as a threat even though they will probably never strike gold in AEW.  Finishing sequence was particularly nice.  I thought that dude was out on his feet after Santana punted his head into the third row.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Hook’s OK Boomer eye roll and walk off when QT was getting in his face was a thing of beauty.

Get we’ll soon, Jake!  They’re going to shoot him to the moon.

The Ford/Bunny/TayJay package was excellent.

Having an interim title match 1)when it should be a short absence and 2)when Cody just won it is stupid.  I like Dustin but that’s a huge step down and pretty heatless.

Jaymie is awesome.  Loved her just Donkey Konging Riho with grounded double axehandles.

I loooool’d at someone FINALLY cutting a Mark Henry interview short and finding their opponent backstage.  Tremendous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Starks should follow Hooks example and defend the FTW title against someone from the Factory like QT or Nick Comoroto.

Team Taz vs. the Factory would be a great series of Dark/Elevation matches that occasionally spill onto TV.

• Like 1