Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 10


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nobody plays down to the level of their opponents like the Pittsburgh Steelers.  

Cam Newton scores a TD in his first play back with the Panthers.   Then proceeds to get a taunting penalty screaming I'M BACK over and over.

Well that was the most Lions OT field goal attempt ever 😂  

Edited by hammerva
Link to comment
Share on other sites

there's just something sublimely hilarious about correctly executing a flea flicker only to have to check down to the safety valve because everyone's covered.

Since I can't actually root for Seattle or  Green Bay I have to take these little victories where I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Fitzmagic is unlikely to return this season because the hip subluxation has not shown sufficient recovery. 

tHe DoLpHiNs ShOuLd HaVe KePt HiM oVeR tUa....  

 

feh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Colt McCoy having an extremely Colt McCoy kind of game

By the way whoever was the worst QB to ever play in a Super Bowl before, Goff has to be at least in serious contention for it.  

Worst one to win one is the Denver version of Peyton Manning. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So maybe someone should have signed Cam earlier this season

Yeah, a couple of scoring plays from the 2 that the other quarterback did all the work to setup is totally an endorsement of his quality of play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steelers-Lions might be the worst game I've seen in person.  Just a miserable showing from both qb's with plenty of blame for their teammates.  Goff had an abysmal 55 yards passing at the end of regulation (he finished with 129).  Rudolph had a nice showing on the first possession, then did his best to convince even diehard fans he won't be the guy to replace Roethlisberger.  I don't even think he'll even be the guy to keep the seat warm, but I don't know that this is the year to draft a franchise qb.  And, anyway, Steelers record over the past 50 years drafting QB's not named Roethlisberger or Bradshaw is a little suspect (Mark Malone, Neil O'Donnell, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell Stewart). 

Lol, when Roethlisberger was drafted local media, he was portrayed as a project who would hopefully learn from Tommy Maddox and replace him... some day.  Granted, BR started the preseason third on the draft chart behind Maddox and Charlie Batch and only got promoted to starter because both Batch and Maddox got injured.

Anyway, OT yesterday was a horror show.  Bad passes, mental lapses, turnover, that ugly Lions fg attempt.  Ugh.  If someone had gotten a breakaway and headed for the endzone, I expect  they would have made it to the 10 before looking down and realizing they had put oversized clown shoes on by mistake, then promptly tripping over their own feet.  Also, it rained lightly most of the second half, so by the OT, we were damp and cold.

 

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

Worst one to win one is the Denver version of Peyton Manning. 

Maybe.  It's a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing, but unless CTE has caused Mannning to forget everything he knows about playing the position, I probably still want held-together-by-tape-and-twist-ties Peyton to qb my team over Goff and a couple others.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

Maybe.  It's a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing, but unless CTE has caused Mannning to forget everything he knows about playing the position, I probably still want held-together-by-tape-and-twist-ties Peyton to qb my team over Goff and a couple others.

Goff is bad, he's not nearly as bad as Manning was that last season.  Goff is nowhere near 9 TD/17 INT bad, he's just unremarkable in every way.  Goff is frustrating as hell because he completes a high percentage of passes,  doesn't really turn the ball over,  but it doesn't matter because he is so risk adverse that you can't really move the ball.  He's the worst version of Alex Smith, nothing but safe, check down throws, but none of the sneaky athleticism.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

Steelers-Lions might be the worst game I've seen in person.  Just a miserable showing from both qb's with plenty of blame for their teammates.  Goff had an abysmal 55 yards passing at the end of regulation (he finished with 129).  Rudolph had a nice showing on the first possession, then did his best to convince even diehard fans he won't be the guy to replace Roethlisberger.  I don't even think he'll even be the guy to keep the seat warm, but I don't know that this is the year to draft a franchise qb.  And, anyway, Steelers record over the past 50 years drafting QB's not named Roethlisberger or Bradshaw is a little suspect (Mark Malone, Neil O'Donnell, Cliff Stoudt, Kordell Stewart). 

Lol, when Roethlisberger was drafted local media, he was portrayed as a project who would hopefully learn from Tommy Maddox and replace him... some day.  Granted, BR started the preseason third on the draft chart behind Maddox and Charlie Batch and only got promoted to starter because both Batch and Maddox got injured.

Anyway, OT yesterday was a horror show.  Bad passes, mental lapses, turnover, that ugly Lions fg attempt.  Ugh.  If someone had gotten a breakaway and headed for the endzone, I expect  they would have made it to the 10 before looking down and realizing they had put oversized clown shoes on by mistake, then promptly tripping over their own feet.  Also, it rained lightly most of the second half, so by the OT, we were damp and cold.

 

Maybe.  It's a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing, but unless CTE has caused Mannning to forget everything he knows about playing the position, I probably still want held-together-by-tape-and-twist-ties Peyton to qb my team over Goff and a couple others.

Ummm, there's a franchise QB playing at Heinz Field on Saturday! Kenny Pickett is the real deal and is going to be at minimum a really good NFL QB, plus he's already playing in a NFL style offense. The Rooney's made a massive mistake in 1983 when they passed on the last Pitt QB who was a first rounder, hopefully they don't make the same mistake this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...