Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/28/2021 - Fight for the Fallen


Gordlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

I laughed and laughed when Gage pulled out the tubes, remembering y'all being like "they won't use glass", and then the very first tube to break (or was it the glass pane?) fucking showered the crowd and they got a shot of a lady cringing after it flew in her face. That was brilliant. Jericho looked to be in a lot of pain after that. The nutter even busted out the rana off the top that he broke his arm doing once too -- and onto a pane of glass! They sure as hell did make up for the explosion. I really thought at some point Gage would set some of the tubes on fire and pop Chris with them.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Darby and Punk wrestle on that Chicqgo Rampage too. TK says it’s not a B show and they have to come out of the gates hot with it. Would Punk just *appearing* sell the United Center out?

This is where my head is at too. You don't book a 25,000 seat building in Chicago (when you have 3 straight shows booked at the 10,000 seater in Chicago two weeks later) unless Punk is showing up and wrestling. To that end I see Punk vs Darby on Rampage. And also thinking they are shifting the Hangman story to do Punk vs Omega at All Out. Just the feeling I have after everything unfolded. All Out was going to be Hangman's crowning but getting a major star like Punk is switching things up. I also expect Punk to win and defend against Daniel Bryan at Grand Slam in NYC.

Christian gets a title shot on a Dynamite or Rampage before All Out just to clear that out and say the number one contender (Hangman) can't take the shot because of a stipulation. So we're inserting THIS person. I guess we'll see soon enough.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way they're running Christian vs. Omega at All Out in place of Hangmin Adam's big win. Not a single soul in the world believes Christian has a chance, and I think he's great. Ain't no fucking way.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Darby and Punk wrestle on that Chicqgo Rampage too. TK says it’s not a B show and they have to come out of the gates hot with it. Would Punk just *appearing* sell the United Center out?

Certainly possible. Running that match there gives them a better chance of securing the sellout. Which could mean we lay eyes on Punk within the next two weeks to kick the build into gear.

United Center in August certainly lines up with moves Meltzer knew they were making that would indicate Punk was coming in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta say, mad respect to Jericho for that showing. He really was willing to do just about anything and man they really were willing to go balls to the wall on TNT. Love that. My predictions for the next two labors are Big Show and Jeff Cobb, but since they did someone off the wall like Gage - who's to say it's not someone out of left field like Pineapple Pete or Jervis Cottonbelly. Is this the last hoorah for Jericho here? He's getting pretty old and this could be like a "his life flashing before his eyes" type storyline where he's almost experiencing deja vu through the years with all these guys he's wrestling. Before being finished off by MJF - the younger version of himself almost. Would be awesome storytelling if so.

Heartbroken Hangman lost, but I'm into the hunt and AEW has more than enough other magnificent stuff going on to keep me entertained. We shall see where this goes.

You guys really think they're going to pump out Darby vs. Punk that quickly? I suppose that's possible, but man if they shoot it that quickly without a little bit more build I would be surprised. Unless Punk made some type of deal where it's only like a 2,3,4 appearance type deal as opposed to a multi year deal or something else.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

And also thinking they are shifting the Hangman story to do Punk vs Omega at All Out. Just the feeling I have after everything unfolded. All Out was going to be Hangman's crowning but getting a major star like Punk is switching things up. I also expect Punk to win and defend against Daniel Bryan at Grand Slam in NYC.

Belting Punk in his second match would a) rule, and b) pose a really interesting question about where the audience is with Punk. Of course if that gets him anything close to real heel heat in the next little while, that gives them interesting options.

Not that I think they're going this route. But it'd be interesting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I laughed and laughed when Gage pulled out the tubes, remembering y'all being like "they won't use glass", and then the very first tube to break (or was it the glass pane?) fucking showered the crowd and they got a shot of a lady cringing after it flew in her face.

That wasn’t even the first glass spot, it was the pane of glass on the chairs which is the craziest part.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention the other funny part of the main event which was Nick forcing the timekeeper or whoever to help him find stuff under the ring during the break. Guess that's why I missed the Domino's ad. 

EDIT: So is Juvi wearing the mask again? Is he still all drugged out and incoherent too? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The quarter rating for Jericho/Gage will be interesting. The match delivered what it promised, and if it drew (and didn’t run viewers off), then they’ve got an interesting attraction in Gage that they could go back to a once or twice a year.

I thought it was better than Gage/Ryder from this past weekend (*ducks*).

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

The quarter rating for Jericho/Gage will be interesting. The match delivered what it promised, and if it drew (and didn’t run viewers off), then they’ve got an interesting attraction in Gage that they could go back to a once or twice a year.

I thought it was better than Gage/Ryder from this past weekend (*ducks*).

I'd go along with that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...