DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK 13 of this cursed season

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

At least he didn't draft Mitchell Trubisky?

I can guaran-damn-tee you that he preferred him over Watson.  You know how I know?  I think of any possible decision, I think of the worst possible outcome, and I know that BOB would've picked that one, because that dumbfuck would do that if given the fucking opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Romo is trying to say anything but that the Eagles are better with Hurts under center. I've noticed that the last few Eagles games I've watched, announcers are really shy about saying that Wentz is a problem.

I don't know if Hurts is actually any better, but that line is so dogshit. Hurts at least gets you plays outside the pocket, unlike tree stump Wentz.

Edited by elizium

Yeah, it's absolutely hilarious.  My partner is a big Browns fan, and he literally has no idea what to do with himself.  

He's convinced they're still awful despite being fucking 9-3. He absolutely refuses to say they're good. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And this isn’t the first week that have had this issue

How the Special Teams coach still has his job is baffling 

The worst part is they did demote the special teams coach a couple weeks ago, showing the next in line somehow is even worse.

15 hours ago, dogwelder said:

I don't think I've ever been so infuriated by a single play call by one of my teams as I was at this. I'm not on board with the "Tank for Trevor" yokels - you gotta play to win, and I'm sure a loss like this burns their butts - but insanity like this doesn't help. Honestly I wouldn't blame Lawrence if he forced a trade or otherwise refused to play for them, if these goofballs are the collective brain trust he'd be reporting to.

• Like 1

The players were telling any one who would listen yesterday, "We executed the play that was called."  

I mean, I know the Jets are (probably) cleaning house as soon as the clocks hit :00 after Week 17, but it's abundantly clear Gase and his merry band of yokel coaches have already lost the team.  

• Like 2

Honestly, at this point, there's no point to firing Gase.  Not unless they have someone in mind that's already in house.  Which by all indications they do not.  

Even if they replace the coach, they *may* luck into a win, but the schedule is pretty bleak from here on out.  (@Seattle, @LAR, vs. Cleveland, vs. NE)

Let the captain sink with the Titanic. 

• Like 1

Apparently - Alfred Morris became the first player in NFL history to score a TD for the Cowboys, Giants and Washington.

Of course - I am wondering how big that player pool is to begin with.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently - Alfred Morris became the first player in NFL history to score a TD for the Cowboys, Giants and Washington.

Of course - I am wondering how big that player pool is to begin with.

I was going to make the pointless observation that Alvin Harper scored touchdowns for Dallas, Washington and Tampa Bay.  But he didn't score any touchdowns for Washington.  So this would be an even more pointless post.

Counterpoint on that post.   the reason why he has such shitty record is because the only coach that will associate with him are shitty to begin with and hire him because he is a name.  Plus their level of laziness in actually looking for a young coach.  

Also if you want to figure out your favorite teams playoff chances and get a headache at the same time I give you this.  

Edited by hammerva

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And this isn’t the first week that have had this issue

How the Special Teams coach still has his job is baffling 

(Of course, they screwed even that up with the fourth one)

Edited by Brian Fowler

Williams is impossible to defend so I'm not going to do it, but I think the "zero" was the big issue there. I think a smaller blitz might have been a good idea since we've seen some successful hail mary type plays this year and you don't want Carr to have time to get multiple WRs in the end zone for a jump ball. But having no safeties or overtop coverage in that situation is just insane. And clearly not in the "insane enough to work" box.

That really should be his last coaching job. I can't imagine another team taking a look at him, based on his record and age. And since I don't think anyone would want him as an analyst he should now just fade into oblivion.

• Like 1