Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Iconoclastic - 8/31/2020


Recommended Posts

Tozawa and his van full of ninjas was genuinely funny shit..  I laughed hard at that segment.  I love The Hurt Business wreckin shit every week on the Underground and I noticed the doorman BIG MAN! been cashing checks..  had all his jewelry on,  Shane is treating him well apparently.. 

But otherwise I wasn't liking the show.  

Why split up the IIconics when they already are splitting up the Golden Role Models.  Now there are what two teams in the division?! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Tozawa and his van full of ninjas was genuinely funny shit..  I laughed hard at that segment.  I love The Hurt Business wreckin shit every week on the Underground and I noticed the doorman BIG MAN! been cashing checks..  had all his jewelry on,  Shane is treating him well apparently.. 

But otherwise I wasn't liking the show.  

Why split up the IIconics when they already are splitting up the Golden Role Models.  Now there are what two teams in the division?! 

Apparently, Vince is very high on Peyton Royce.  I'd wager this is the beginning of her mega-push (Sure it would make much more sense to keep them in a partnership while wrestling singles matches but WWE doesn't do that very often). I think she could very well end up the new Alexa Bliss (decent/competent in the ring, ridiculously attractive, solid character work) without the baggage Bliss may or may not have (Supposed bad blood with other women, complaining about being left off shows, repeated injuries).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, caley said:

(decent/competent in the ring, ridiculously attractive, solid character work) 

That's fine but Bianca Belair is right there on RAW and should be a can't miss talent and they still haven't pushed Mandy Rose to any degree since she has improved tremendously. 

They have no teams and where does that leave Billie Kay.

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hurt Business continues to entertain. I didn't hate the Raw Underground due to them, Shayna's buddies, & the IIconics.

The Tozawa/Ninjas car segment was amusing.

I didn't hate Retribution's attacks this time due to Garza getting the hell out of dodge. That said, this shit just feels like its dragging at this point with so little direction.

Dominick/Seth was solid.

The segment with Asuka, Mickie, Nattie, & Lana did little for me. I assume Asuka defends the belt in a 3-way at NoC. I would kind of rather just see Asuka vs. Mickie again. Their NXT match form soem years back qas quite good, probably Mickie's bets match in WWE.

The IIconics breaking up this way feels like bs. I hope they say fuck it and just get back together asap. Part of Peyton's charm also comes form playing off of Billie so separating the two is just dumb. NXT already gave Peyton the singles push while the two were still a team. No reason to not go that route again. 

Dug Lee looking badass in the main event even if he didn't win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's fine but Bianca Belair is right there on RAW and should be a can't miss talent and they still haven't pushed Mandy Rose to any degree since she has improved tremendously. 

They have no teams and where does that leave Billie Kay.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with any of that but...you know...Vince and Dunn...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was cool to see Mickie James pick up a win and MAYBE enter the title picture. I'd love to see a PPV match with her and Asuka.  Mickie was a favorite of mine in the women's division way back when.  So today was Mickie James birthday I seen.  She turned 41 today.  Like I was saying about the dudes in The Hurt Business she is someone else who does not age! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Billie Kay feels very much like dead weight in the ring (of the entire Raw women's roster I'd only comfortably put her above Lana at this point) so I don't really have a problem with them seeing if they have anything with Peyton as a solo act.

Possibly unpopular opinion but I think that at this point Raw Underground is... okay? Like it clearly has issues, isn't anything like a difference maker and really needs to do a better job somehow tying into the rest of the show, but I'm cool with something that starts with Titus O'Neil holding some dude by the throat with his head eight feet in the air before slamming him down, beating up another nobody before an actual talent steps up where they fling themselves around and into stuff until eventually the guy says to hell with it, boots Titus in the nuts before landing the free KO punch. I have room in my vision of wrestling for stuff like that, if this is how I get squash matches back on Raw then you know what, sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with RAW Underground (I have some other complaints too but..) is if you are going to put an act there and push them there then they should do well on the main roster as well.  I think it makes the RU look weaker when you have Dolph look good over there but then he's a nothing on the regular show.  

The Hurt Business is at least stringing together some wins now on RAW to match their dominance in the Underground. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so Lee beats Orton clean last night. Using storytelling that makes sense shouldn't that make him the #1 contender for the title and earn him a shot at the next PPV? So how do we end up with some nonsensical thing where we have a 3 way for the spot the next night involving the guy who lost the night prior and he wins? I know the answer is that they want Orton-Drew, but it still sucks and makes no sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy lost clean to Drew at SS, then lost clean to Lee last night. Why the hell are they insistent on putting him back in the title picture? I guess it still makes more sense than putting a kid who has had two matches in his career a chance to get a title shot. Lee still looked good tonight and last night, so hopefully he'll get his due in the near future.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caley said:

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with any of that but...you know...Vince and Dunn...

The rumor in the dirt sheets was that Vince sees money in Bianca, Peyton and Bayley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sabremike said:

OK, so Lee beats Orton clean last night. Using storytelling that makes sense shouldn't that make him the #1 contender for the title and earn him a shot at the next PPV? So how do we end up with some nonsensical thing where we have a 3 way for the spot the next night involving the guy who lost the night prior and he wins? I know the answer is that they want Orton-Drew, but it still sucks and makes no sense.

Lee's victory over Orton while impressive doesn't really mean he should be no 1 contender. Orton wasn't already in the role even if Drew wanted him, and that was Lee's second match as a Raw member with no other feats to argue him as no. 1 contender. Its kind of clear the way this was setup was to have former world/universal champs going at it with Lee's defeat of Orton earning him a chance to earn a shot at the gold.

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Randy lost clean to Drew at SS, then lost clean to Lee last night. Why the hell are they insistent on putting him back in the title picture? I guess it still makes more sense than putting a kid who has had two matches in his career a chance to get a title shot. Lee still looked good tonight and last night, so hopefully he'll get his due in the near future.

Tonight was actually Dominick's fourth match. He was there just as a replacement for Rey. This was supposed to also act as a match to settle the Rollins/Mysterios feud. Dominick got in for that reason seemingly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...