DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

The Irving trade that was proposed on C:tB was to the Suns for Bledsoe, a Morris twin and two first rounders.

Irving isn't getting dealt, nor should he. The Cavs aren't as far away as people think. I don't think blowing it up really solves anything either.

The Cavs are pretty fucking far away, but trading Irving of all people would be fucking stupid.  Dion Waiters is not as good as Kyrie, and twice the headache.  Getting rid of Waiters gets rid of 70 percent of the problems with team chemistry.  They clearly hate playing together, and they aren't going to ever get better as long as those are their top two players.

The Irving trade that was proposed on C:tB was to the Suns for Bledsoe, a Morris twin and two first rounders.

Irving isn't getting dealt, nor should he. The Cavs aren't as far away as people think. I don't think blowing it up really solves anything either.

The Cavs are pretty fucking far away, but trading Irving of all people would be fucking stupid.  Dion Waiters is not as good as Kyrie, and twice the headache.  Getting rid of Waiters gets rid of 70 percent of the problems with team chemistry.  They clearly hate playing together, and they aren't going to ever get better as long as those are their top two players.

Agreed. I like Dion and I honestly think he will figure it out, just not on the Cavs. I look forward to a decade of me rolling my eyes at people saying "Of course the Cavs let him walk lololol they are so stupid" when he is torching someone for the Spurs or Pacers in the playoffs. Clearly the man needs someone to figure it out for him, and the Cavs are certainly not equipped to do that. 

Agreed. I like Dion and I honestly think he will figure it out, just not on the Cavs. I look forward to a decade of me rolling my eyes at people saying "Of course the Cavs let him walk lololol they are so stupid" when he is torching someone for the Spurs or Pacers in the playoffs. Clearly the man needs someone to figure it out for him, and the Cavs are certainly not equipped to do that. 

Yeah, he is just the wrong guy on the wrong team.  Ideally I think he should be the 6th man on a team like the Spurs where he will be given the opportunity to use his scoring ability, while having a system that will keep him from getting out of control.  He is obviously talented, and his size alone makes him a mismatch for most of the shooting guards in the league.  He is just a square peg trying to fit in Cleveland's gaping round hole.

So now there's a Lebron - Clippers story on ESPN. I only skimmed thru it, but I know that Miami is a veteran team w/ Wade getting older and several role players as well, but CP3, who I'm a big fan of is always out with injuries. He might be out more often than Wade is. At least it always seems CP3 is out for long stretches of the season.

TONIGHT! The Tank Bowl! Lakers (16-32) vs. Cavs (16-32) and Celtics (16-33) vs. Sixers (15-34). All teams are within 1/2 game for the 3-spot as worst team. I dunno about those other 3 teams, but the Lakers will rest Nash after he played last night in Minnesota (last I checked Farmar will play), Pau is out, Xavier Henry is out and last night Jodie Meeks & Jordan Hill both got hurt. Steve Blake blew out an eardrum too....I'm predicting Kyrie Irving's best game of the season as the mighty Cavs beat the Lake show! Not sure how I feel about the Celts-Sixers game. I guess I'll go with Sixers, just so they have the same win total as the Lakers.

I hate 'fans' who actively root for their team to lose. 

I don't think people are rooting for their team to lose as much as they understand in the NBA the worst thing you can be is above average.  As a Cavs fan, I would love if they won 55 games and were in the finals, but can't stand the fact that they seem to be trying to win 38 games and get out of the lottery.  The only real way the team will ever be a contender is if they can draft a franchise player, and that isn't going to happen if they somehow sneak into the playoffs.  So I guess I do root for them to lose, but it is only so they can eventually win.

Cavs getting blown out in the first half by the Lakers. No Gasol, no Nash, no Jordan Hill and no Jodie Meeks.

EDIT: Nick Young latest Laker injury with a bruised knee, OUT for the 2nd half. 7 players available rest of the game. Laker bench is Kendall Marshall & Chris Kaman.

EDIT 2: 3:00 minutes left in the 3rd and Kaman has 5 fouls! Sacre has 4! Lakers up by 25 points! Might throw out a 3-point guard w/ Wes Johnson & Ryan Kelly lineup to close out the game. 

Edited by AlfredoE

Um what would happen if three of there seven players fouled out?

I think the rule is that if the last player that fouls out would give a team less than 5 eligible players, that player would be able to stay in the game but every foul that player commits would be treated as a technical foul.