Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XII: The Horror Show - 7/19/2020


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Cannot believe these twats would even attempt a MUST GOUGE OUT OPPONENT'S FRICKIN EYE MATCH without letting them blade. Now I can see them doing a First Blood match where they don't even use a capsule and just cut away, saying it's too much to even put in black and white. 

EDIT: You know what? Crap, IT'S ON PAY PER VIEW!!! They don't have to worry about a goddamn Snickers complaint! Just run it in B&W on TV! 

What watered-down pablum. 

TNA once had a first blood match between Tara and Daffney from like 2011 where I think Daffney may have had the single worst blade job in pro wrestling history. I believe there is a clip still up on the official Impact Wrestling Youtube account. I bring this up because someone in the comments says (I very much believe incorrectly) that the referee passes Daffney a blood capsule. I think people underestimate the amount of fake blood in a blood capsule because Daffney is fidgeting around for a good minute (before Tara/Victoria hits her with her gimmick spider box) and produces a single strand, barely visible almost microscopic amount of blood. Even Lex Luger would go, "And people thought I was a pussy?" WrestleCrap of the highest caliber. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

It might help the ratings from going any lower than last week. I don't know if there's anything they can do for it to go up, they are going to be in trouble once NBA NFL and Baseball is back. The atmosphere for those are going to suck just like wrestling has but atleast they've gone away long enough for fans to miss it. 

I dont think and talent deserves blame for ratings but nobody will help them. Maybe Roman Reigns 

If ratings continue to slip, Vince will be calling to Pensacola every day.

Every standard match was well-wrestled tonight. The wrestlers should be commended.

Do we know if Kofi is alive? Wow, did he take a hellacious bump to end the tag match.

If a show is headlined by a Swamp Fight and an Eye for an Eye contest, we know silliness will follow. I'm not surprised at the goofiness of the fake eyeball. What I wasn't expecting was Rollins vomiting everywhere. Though credit to him for presumably hurling chunks on command.

The Swamp Fight meandered in spots, but it was the B-level horror movie I expected. Using Alexa as Braun's version of Sister Abigail was a nice touch, if creepy in its connotation. We don't know if Abigail even existed, so it stands to reason that someone's version of her is whatever they project toward that idea.

The Asuka/Sasha finish was a total mess. I get what they're going for, but it was too complicated for its own good.

The camera angles were bad. We saw Rey not that close to the stairs as his 'eye' was being popped out, Kairi handing Asuka a mist packet, and McIntyre slapping his leg on the Claymore in slow-motion replay. Come on, WWE. Do better.

If anything, they needed to go further with the wackiness. There's no point in trying to be serious. Not saying every match has to be OTT, but embrace all the goofiness and see where it goes.

I need to watch this again, because I'm not sure how I feel. I don't hate it. But I can't say I like it, either. Save for the Asuka/Sasha finish, nothing irritated me. It just feels weird. Which, considering the show's theme, isn't a surprise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If a show is headlined by a Swamp Fight and an Eye for an Eye contest, we know silliness will follow. I'm not surprised at the goofiness of the fake eyeball. What I wasn't expecting was Rollins vomiting everywhere. Though credit to him for presumably hurling chunks on command.

Ah, Bruce was just feeling sentimental so he brought Droz in for a consultant payday.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

TNA once had a first blood match between Tara and Daffney from like 2011 where I think Daffney may have had the single worst blade job in pro wrestling history.

Of course it's still up. 

Yes, the screencap is showing the blood.

I miss Daffney, she was a cutie pie. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

what a weird show. The matches were pretty solid but the finishes mostly sucked.  Loved the opening tag match but it was all downhill from there. No Crews, if he has Covid it should have been announced, it would help get sympathy for his character if nothing else.  But wasted segment to say the least, we then get the crap finish with ref Bayley?   The eye for an eye I thought would have CGI and effects to maybe get Rey off of TV. Instead we got a horrible cam angle and Rollins puking.   The Swamp match was meh.  The Drew- Dolph match in context was good but did any think Dolph had a chance in hell of winning? 

When you are drawing record low tv numbers the last thing you want is a show chock full of shit finishes and cancelled matches. At least we have 10 amazing ECW Supercards to look forward to later today when they get around to uploading them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Asuka vs Sasha at Summerslam. Somethings going on with the Raws women title, Seems Asuka is still champ but Sasha did won. 

Edited by D.Z
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, its an obvious Dusty DQ finish but what killed it was not doing the "Dusty" part right away amd pretending that the decision was close to legit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Rollins will forever go down in history as the winner of the first ever "First person to hold a marble near their head loses" match.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see WWE making Nikki Cross into Sister Abigail. She was using Alexa to get in her head. A summer/Fall of Braun and Alexa vs Bray and Cross wouldn't be horrible. Also a few Bliss/Cross matches along the way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling all these "chaotic" story-lines is most likely leading to Raw putting in an authority figure of some kind to bring "law and order" back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling all these "chaotic" story-lines is most likely leading to Raw putting in an authority figure of some kind to bring "law and order" back.

Sam Adonis?  Ace Steele?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should watch:

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan. Extreme Rules 2012. 58:02.

The Shield vs. Evolution. Extreme Rules 2014. 1:51:15.

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles. Extreme Rules 2016. 2:19:04.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Cesaro: Three reigns with three different partners...Kidd, Sheamus and Shinsuke.

Knowing how WWE likes to shit on record reigns of people who have left the company, I'm guessing Cesaro will get at least one more run with the tag belts with a different partner, to render Billy Gunn's "most title wins with different partners" record irrelevant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nate said:

Knowing how WWE likes to shit on record reigns of people who have left the company, I'm guessing Cesaro will get at least one more run with the tag belts with a different partner, to render Billy Gunn's "most title wins with different partners" record irrelevant.

I expect that for the same reason. I think that's why the classic WWE Intercontinental Championship brought back by Cody Rhodes at Hell in a Cell 2011 was replaced with a new and inferior one last year. Only Cesaro tag team to miss out on a reign, Jack Swagger.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t finished the show yet, but what I saw wasn’t terrible. 

I don’t know how you book an eye for an eye match and put over the bad guy. Well, it’s WWE. I guess it’s expected. What’s bad is that they had a perfectly fine finish with the kendo stick to the eye transitioned into a 619. Rollins could have rocked an eye patch for a month, preached holistic healing and then pin Rey clean later. Rey winning a match by not pinning Rollins is classic WWE. The match was good, just a dumb insulting finish and dumb insulting booking.

loved Asuka v Sasha and I like the finish. It’s the kinda silliness that I’m ok with. And it fits their characters. Same with Cross v. Bayley. 

Cesaro’s Ricola Bomb was glorious. 

not sure how crazy I am to watch the rest of the show, but I guess we’ll see. 

and WWE just killing Seth with these garbage booking and insulting finishes. Why can’t they realize what they’re doing to their “top stars”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Haven’t finished the show yet, but what I saw wasn’t terrible. 

I don’t know how you book an eye for an eye match and put over the bad guy. Well, it’s WWE. I guess it’s expected. What’s bad is that they had a perfectly fine finish with the kendo stick to the eye transitioned into a 619. Rollins could have rocked an eye patch for a month, preached holistic healing and then pin Rey clean later. Rey winning a match by not pinning Rollins is classic WWE. The match was good, just a dumb insulting finish and dumb insulting booking.

loved Asuka v Sasha and I like the finish. It’s the kinda silliness that I’m ok with. And it fits their characters. Same with Cross v. Bayley. 

Cesaro’s Ricola Bomb was glorious. 

not sure how crazy I am to watch the rest of the show, but I guess we’ll see. 

and WWE just killing Seth with these garbage booking and insulting finishes. Why can’t they realize what they’re doing to their “top stars”

Rey isn’t working with a contract that’s why the had him lose. Realistically he’ll be back, but with it not being guaranteed he had to do the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...