DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

I've lost track of releases. How many releases are in the final game? I've come up with:

Hide contents

Alexander Wolfe

Ariya Daivari

Billie Kay

Braun Strowman

Cesaro

Drew Gulak

Ember Moon

Fandango

Gran Metalik

Jeff Hardy

John Morrison

Kalisto

Karrion Kross

Keith Lee

Lana

Mia Yim

Murphy

Nia Jax

Peyton Royce

Shane McMahon

Tegan Nox

Toni Storm

Looks like about 34. Drew Gulak is still employed at the moment, but add to your list:

Danny Burch, Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, Kyle O'Reilly, Lince Dorado, Mickie James, Oney Lorcan, Samoa Joe, Slapjack, Brian Kendrick, Timothy Thatcher, Tucker, and Tyler Breeze. And technically Gargano is a free agent. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 4:30 AM, Blue Dragon said:

038.jpg

042.jpg

This is worth a download. It's definitely more fun than their card collection mobile game (which I nonetheless play every day).

E7FxqRV.png

Strong Spirits (or whateve it's called) is 100 percent your typical mobile game, with too many currencies and some confusing and poorly -explained mechanics and so on... but it's a New Japan version of that, so funzies.

You collect wrestlers in this one, too, but you can train them in the dojo and have matches with them, so that's more enjoyable than the collection game. After running a wrestler through the dojo until they fail, you can add them to your 5-man team and the match up vs other five-man teams.

I got a three-star Misu so I am happy. The gatcha mechanic is pretty typical. I have got so many one-star Honmas and Makabes, haven't seen a Shingo or a Cobb or an Ishii yet. But:MiSu! (Also, Tana, Naito, Okada... So not too shabby)

You get a lot of free "diamonds" early on. Presumably that will dry right up in a week or so. I think maybe the deal will be to keep running your best guys through the dojo roque-like style to level them up and get further in the story.

You unlock new mechanics as you progress.

No idea what "soul" or "titles" are used for, but I have a couple of each...

Edit: also important info: matches play out automatically, you just watch (or skip through) them.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

This combo stuff to pull of a heavy strike or different moves is so weird to me. This isn’t Mortal Kombat.

That was always a clunky aspect of playing WWF Warzone or WWF Attitude until everyone realized some take on the AKI system was best.

All of the 2K22 Showcase matches for Rey below in box

Spoiler

VS Eddie Guerrero - Halloween Havoc '97
VS Eddie Guerrero - WrestleMania 21
VS Shawn Michaels - Raw 11/14/05
VS JBL - Judgment Day 2006
VS Kane - Cyber Sunday 2008
VS Dolph Ziggler - SummerSlam 2009
VS Batista - SmackDown 12/18/09
VS Undertaker - Royal Rumble 2010
VS The Miz - Raw 7/25/11
VS Samoa Joe - Raw 4/29/19
VS Gran Metalik - Raw 9/9/19
????? One mystery match unlocked after completing all objectives.

Edited by Blue Dragon

On 3/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, Blue Dragon said:

All of the 2K22 Showcase matches for Rey below in box

Hide contents

VS Eddie Guerrero - Halloween Havoc '97
VS Eddie Guerrero - WrestleMania 21
VS Shawn Michaels - Raw 11/14/05
VS JBL - Judgment Day 2006
VS Kane - Cyber Sunday 2008
VS Dolph Ziggler - SummerSlam 2009
VS Batista - SmackDown 12/18/09
VS Undertaker - Royal Rumble 2010
VS The Miz - Raw 7/25/11
VS Samoa Joe - Raw 4/29/19
VS Gran Metalik - Raw 9/9/19
????? One mystery match unlocked after completing all objectives.

I don't know why anyone cares, but the mystery match is:

Spoiler

Rey & Dominik versus Rollins & Buddy Murphy

• Haha 3

That sucks but I generally skip or turn entrances off. I wonder if that's something modders on pc can fudge with by importing entrances from other games. If I'm getting this I'm getting it for pc. 

Watched those clips. I'm laughing pretty hard at the commentary, which sounds worse than ever, and the sound effects that just sound like a sack of potatoes being dropped.

A shame this game doesn't look any different than the last bunch. I can just keep playing 2K18 and probably wouldn't know the difference but I am rather bored with this style. I know it's another million years from releasing but I'm looking forward more and more to the AEW game.

I'm passing on this. After watching the DenkOps video and a bunch of others, this is definitely not the direction the game should be headed in gameplay wise. It looks like they nailed the presentation, but gameplay just looks...like many steps backward.

• Like 1

Hoo boy, podcasts are discussing it now too. The general feeling is that the moves and animations all feel very canned and artificial. Like, they didn't know how to properly animate a wrestling game, so you do some other shit to initiate moves happening.

Yeah, maybe shipping this off to EA and finding a new developer would be a good thing because it doesn't sound like VC can pull off making a wrestling game.