DVDVR Message Board

2013 WORLD SERIES - GUARDIANS vs OUR LAST BEST HOPE

Dolfan in NYC

That show looks flat out awful.  It's like, they think we want Robocop to be two different people, and neither of them be bad-asses.  No, no we do not.

We want that only slightly more than we want Boston or the fucking fuckers to win another World Series.

Fuck your Cardinals.

Something you'll never read on this forum on a topic like this is people saying, "Fuck the Cubbies".  Hate us if you must but you only hate us out of jealousy.

No, not really. I just hate them because I know enough Cards fans to know that they should be hated.

High five.

As big a Cards fan as I am, I'd root for the Cubs if they got to the World Series, mostly because I'm a cranky old man who still believes in the whole National League superiority thing that was drummed into my head as a 1980s youth.

Anyway, the last two times the Cardinals were down 3-2 in the World Series, they came back to win (1982 and 2011).  The last time the Red Sox were up 3-2 in the WS was 1986, and, well...

Sure, that really means absolutely nothing, except that baseball is all about numbers and history.  And crazed Cardinals fans looking for any and all silver linings.

As big a Cards fan as I am, I'd root for the Cubs if they got to the World Series, mostly because I'm a cranky old man who still believes in the whole National League superiority thing that was drummed into my head as a 1980s youth.

Anyway, the last two times the Cardinals were down 3-2 in the World Series, they came back to win (1982 and 2011).  The last time the Red Sox were up 3-2 in the WS was 1986, and, well...

Sure, that really means absolutely nothing, except that baseball is all about numbers and history.  And crazed Cardinals fans looking for any and all silver linings.

The only problem with that is those teams went home  trailing 3-2. . . .

The only problem with that is those teams went home  trailing 3-2. . . .

Oh, I'm not saying it's a well thought out delusion.  I just want to grasp at straws and convince myself the Cardinals haven't dug too big a hole for themselves here.

Now they're saying the Cardinals' plane has mechanical problems and they still haven't left for Boston.  Looks like last night's Rally Paper Airplane hasn't had quite the same effect Rally Squirrel had two years ago.