DVDVR Message Board

2013 WORLD SERIES - GUARDIANS vs OUR LAST BEST HOPE

Dolfan in NYC

My first thought was that those are pretty crass. On second thought, most fan made shirts are for the worst kinds of fans, like so many Cubs shirts (Howry Kow!, Fuk-U-Do-Me, Ozzie Guillen Lawn Mowing Service, etc.)

Two years ago, the Cardinals' mantra was Happy Flight.  After last night, it has to be Crappy Flight.

This is clearly the spark the Cards have been looking for.  If being stuck on a tarmac with your co-workers for seven hours doesn't give you the urge to crush baseballs all over (and out of) Fenway, nothing will.

Two years ago, the Cardinals' mantra was Happy Flight.  After last night, it has to be Crappy Flight.

This is clearly the spark the Cards have been looking for.  If being stuck on a tarmac with your co-workers for seven hours doesn't give you the urge to crush baseballs all over (and out of) Fenway, nothing will.

Yeah.  But the last thing they need is to try to crush anything.  They've been a bunch of little men swining like big men all series and it doesn't work for them.  I think the only one actually just dropping the bat down and trying to just get hits are Shane Robinson and Allen Craig.  Everyone else is swinging like they're Ortiz, but they're not so they are popping up and turning over on everything they touch, like a solo HR every nineteen at bats is going to help.

That's not how they got here.  Plus it's boring.  One Matt Holliday is enough.

Yeah.  But the last thing they need is to try to crush anything.  They've been a bunch of little men swining like big men all series and it doesn't work for them.  I think the only one actually just dropping the bat down and trying to just get hits are Shane Robinson and Allen Craig.  Everyone else is swinging like they're Ortiz, but they're not so they are popping up and turning over on everything they touch, like a solo HR every nineteen at bats is going to help.

IF your down 3-2 in the World Series and need a spark, your beat already. . . .

IF your down 3-2 in the World Series and need a spark, your beat already. . . .

No one is going to get in the way between me and my delusions here!  The Cardinals will crush baseballs and win handily!  I'll crouch down in the corner and repeat this to myself, much like Bart reassuring himself the Krusty was coming to Kamp Krusty, if need be.

Wacha and Kelly will pitch their hearts out, Pete Kozma will stun the world with some glorious offensive output, David Ortiz may actually strike out at some point.  All they needed was a little airplane camaraderie and Imo's Pizza in their bellies.  My rose-colored glasses are allowing me to see the truth here, I just know it.

Should we put you on suicide watch if they lose?

In all seriousness, at this point I'd be absolutely stunned if they can keep the Red Sox scoreless after the 1st inning tonight, much less win two games in a row on the road.  But there's no way The True Cardinals Fan can half-ass these things; now more than ever, we can't help but use our whole ass to cheer them on.

Well, Krusty did eventually show up, you just have to get something related to the franchise under your control and demand they win. Let's see, what could you do. Ah, go down to the empty Busch Stadium and stand out front with a megaphone and yelling things at invisible people.

• Like 1

I hope it ends up about 18-2 after 4 innings to ruin any climax for the series.

I'm not going that far, but this has 9-1 final written all over it. . . By the way, is David Ortiz going to tell us how he channeled the Babe this series? There's being hot, but this is fucking ridiculous :)

True, but they consistently refuse to admit defeat, and always return to torment and irritate people, each installment more obnoxious and grating than the last, and...

Oh, wait a minute.

Still, go Cardinals!

I hope it ends up about 18-2 after 4 innings to ruin any climax for the series.

I'm not going that far, but this has 9-1 final written all over it. . . By the way, is David Ortiz going to tell us how he channeled the Babe this series? There's being hot, but this is fucking ridiculous :)

Of course I didn't realize I cut the earlier prediction exactly in half. . . lol