DVDVR Message Board

2013 WORLD SERIES - GUARDIANS vs OUR LAST BEST HOPE

Dolfan in NYC

So this is my new theory: Dave Duncan made a deal with the devil in 06 in order to get multiple quality starts from Jeff Weaver in the playoffs and World Series. To pay back the debt, the Cards will now always lose playoff games against pitchers who signed a giant contract and immediately became terrible. Last year Zito, this year Lackey. I'm sure next year fucking Joba Chamberlain will pitch six shutout innings against us.

I hope it ends up about 18-2 after 4 innings to ruin any climax for the series.

I'm not going that far, but this has 9-1 final written all over it. . . By the way, is David Ortiz going to tell us how he channeled the Babe this series? There's being hot, but this is fucking ridiculous :)

Of course I didn't realize I cut the earlier prediction exactly in half. . . lol

9-1 is starting to look awfully prophetic tonight.

The only thing that can stop the Red Sox now is if John Farrel pulls his starter after six innings and prematurely gives him the Game Ball as he walks off the field.

Which, since it's John Lackey, would be oddly fitting.  At least for me.

I'm going to look on the bright side.  At least the Cardinals ruined the postseason hopes and dreams of teams that haven't won the World Series in 34 and 25 years, and they've officially become the most hated team (with the most hated fanbase) in baseball.

Plus, Ty Wigginton will get a shiny National League Championship ring for his half-season of playing baseball the Cardinal Way.

Just when I was starting to think to myself "you're not supposed to have to make that many throws on the rundown play", sure enough...

My question what would have happened if the Boston player and just bulled rushed through one of the Cardnials during it...would it have been runner or defencive interferance?

If the guy doesn't have the ball and he's in the baseline; then I think it's defensive interference, but if he's in the baseline and it's the guy with the ball and he drops it, I assume that's nothing.