DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I really hope that NXT doesn't bring in the cast of Bob Burgers or other FOX cartoon characters to combat Rick and Morty this week in these rating wars. 

NXT is in the NBCUniversal family so that would be tougher. They could counter with Joe Scarborough.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

NXT is in the NBCUniversal family so that would be tougher. They could counter with Joe Scarborough.

Yeah I knew USA didn't have any cartoon characters unless you count the rabbit that Patton Oswalt plays in that one show with the Law & Order guy

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Yeah I knew USA didn't have any cartoon characters unless you count the rabbit that Patton Oswalt plays in that one show with the Law & Order guy

They could do some Illumination Entertainment crossovers, but the current NXT demo is people with AARP cards.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

And shit on people for not constantly going for pins and always hooking a leg while applying pressure to the shoulders. Like, he's not necessarily wrong but he's so obnoxious and he undermines the talent, the opposite of what he should be doing. He's okay in spots and there have been shows where he's generally passable with limited annoyances but fuck... More and more bitching. Go away.

I applaud his stance on wrestlers should be going for the pin. Take the opener with Private Party...nothing but an over choreographed spotfest without even a hint of going for a pin after multiple possible match enders were hit. Yeah I sound old...It's still real to me, and all that...

4 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Has there been anything said as to why AEW isn't using Golden Boy? I would think they would at least have him do Dark.

I thought the plan was that he’d be doing Full Gear since Tony is busy on Saturday’s.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I applaud his stance on wrestlers should be going for the pin. Take the opener with Private Party...nothing but an over choreographed spotfest without even a hint of going for a pin after multiple possible match enders were hit. Yeah I sound old...It's still real to me, and all that...

I appreciate your opinion and preferences regarding style of wrestling, but when your lead commentator undercuts your talent like that over and over again it is going to have a negative effect especially with new and casual fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is very interesting. TNT will be airing a replay of Dynamite, but with an overrun attached to it. I wonder if this might be a test to give them the extra time every week. Also this will be airing opposite FS1’s airing of Smackdown.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

18 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I can imagine Hager being super bummed about it backstage while Jericho's geeking over the new edition to the moveset.

Yeah, Hager looked like he was about to cry when the announcer called it a no contest. This will be a great bit for Jericho to ad to his promos. 

Jericho: The still undefeated Jake Hager. If you question that, then ask Anthony Garrett’s balls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1