DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Nobody wants to see Cody vs Jericho go 60 minutes.   Well actually I would love to see Jericho go 60 minute to see his 'BUBBLY' drinking ass sucking wind at the 35 minute mark.  For a company that constantly prides itself as being different they should do love using the same old wrestling tricks

Now the big question is who is playing Jason Hervey and who is playing the D level co star of the New Leave it to Beaver show

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Nobody wants to see Cody vs Jericho go 60 minutes.   Well actually I would love to see Jericho go 60 minute to see his 'BUBBLY' drinking ass sucking wind at the 35 minute mark.  For a company that constantly prides itself as being different they should do love using the same old wrestling tricks

I wouldn’t be so quick to doubt them. Cody knows every short cut in the book to stretch a good match out. Either way I’m not expecting a 60 minute draw. 

16 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

The 3 esteemed judges need to be 

- Terry Funk

- Col Robert Parker

- Bunkhouse Buck (aka Jake Hager Snr)

Just to REALLY stack the odds against Cody.

Does Pak Song have any living relatives in the wrestling business? If so, time to send them out.

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm guessing...

• Lance Storm
  • Charles Barkley
  • Andrew Yang

None of these people are world champions. In fact, like Storm, Barkley, and Yang have only been IC champion equivalent in their respective fields.

My guesses...

•Breeeeeettt

•Dwayne Wade

•Aja Kong

The 60 minute draw as a way to get out of Cody taking the belt off Jericho is such a bad one.  Just yuck.

Almost as yuck as AEW Dark this week.  Don’t know how you have such a thin roster and still have 11 people in 3 matches all of which were mediocre at best.  They would be better off just trying to establish a woman at a time and stop putting 4 of them out there to be just a mass of blond blah.  These hardcore matches give no one anywhere to go to escalate violence and they’ve run any combination including Havoc and Darby into the ground.  The WCW Worldwide memorial tag match was the best thing on the show and it wasn’t anything worth watching unless you need to see every Dustin match ever (and maybe you do, he’s pretty good).

I enjoyed the 3 way. Darby came off more polished here than weeks past. You can tell he’s figured out how to play to an arena. I didn’t care for Havoc kicking out of a 450 while stacked onto chairs, but it did look crazy. Not as crazy Darby’s Coffin Drop with a chair.

The women’s match wasn’t good. Emi Sakura tried but the other women need more seasoning. Putting them out there in a very chaotic 4 way isn’t the best idea.

The opening tag was fun. I really like the pairing of Rhodes, and Kiss. Dustin needs a full time tag partner dammit. I know he’s the utility guy, and he probably sees himself as that, but he’s still too good not to be used in a prominent role. 

The rest of the show feels very undercooked. BTE currently has more love being given to it in editing than this. They don’t even bother to put up an intro.

I liked MJF’s interview at least. This, last weeks concession brawl, and the off-air bit   with the Bucks have left me with the impression that they actively want him to get cheered now by shedding his heel persona. Don’t know if that means he’s betraying Cody soon, or that they really are going with a new direction for him. Time will tell. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I liked MJF’s interview at least. This, last weeks concession brawl, and the off-air bit   with the Bucks have left me with the impression that they actively want him to get cheered now by shedding his heel persona. Don’t know if that means he’s betraying Cody soon, or that they really are going with a new direction for him. Time will tell. 

I'm starting to like this face version more so I hope it sticks. Great pop when he came to help Cody last week