DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

55 minutes ago, Ace said:

Youtube TV just dropped on Amazon streaming devices yesterday just in time for me to watch it properly.

Only yesterday? We've had it on our Fire Sticks for several weeks now...

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Killer Kross was another dude I thought about showing up, but I have no idea what his contractual status with Impact is.

What I really, really, really don't want is the lame TNA shit of, "WE KNOW WHO THAT IS!" That's going to make this feel low rent pretty fast, which is why I don't want it to be Hager. Or Masters or Ryback or any other dead meat. WWE castoff or TNA castoff or whatever castoff is a lame description. Not everyone is a castoff and labeling someone that reduces their worth and value. But if you're basically just dead meat, you don't have any worth or value. You're just another Shawn Spears type of dude.

I agree with not using the “We know who that is thing”, but I wouldn’t mind bringing some of these guys in who have some talent(Like a Hager) with a repackaging, and then given another chance. Ryback on the other hand can go back to selling magic beans to the marks who still love him.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Hager. Doesn't. Have. Any. Talent.

He's a mush-mouthed, clumsy, oaf of a person with a nickel brain, which doesn't even take into account some of his other "views." He's the epitome of someone who has little left for the wrestling world. I'd rather see more dudes like Wardlow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He was a pretty good amateur athlete and at times a competent professional wrestler. I wouldn't say no talent. Not a game changer either. But the market is a little bare right now, so you make due with what you have. That's just going to be part of the growing pains for this show.

Yeah, but he also has all the charisma of a racist bread loaf. It is indeed slim pickings out there, but unless he's really switched up his style I think Hager would be a step backwards for AEW. Dude isn't fat and does a Vader Bomb. Like, what?

• Like 2

Well Hager has had some successful fights in Bellator against some complete and total cans, so maybe there's some value in him coming in as this great and powerful MMA fighter who's more legit than everyone and he can beat the no legs guy with his fancy MMA moves, and then maybe move on to Glacier before doing an open challenge and getting wrecked with fancy lucha libre moves by Cain Velasquez.  That's something.  He dont' have to have five star classics with Kenny Omega. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Only yesterday? We've had it on our Fire Sticks for several weeks now...

The YouTube app or the YouTube TV app? I’ve had the former for a while, but the latter wasn’t available for the free trial I just wrapped up.

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

The YouTube app or the YouTube TV app? I’ve had the former for a while, but the latter wasn’t available for the free trial I just wrapped up.

TV app. We replaced both sticks over the summer and they came up immediately to download on the homepage when I installed them.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Yeah, but he also has all the charisma of a racist bread loaf. It is indeed slim pickings out there, but unless he's really switched up his style I think Hager would be a step backwards for AEW. Dude isn't fat and does a Vader Bomb. Like, what?

Safe to say it's white bread. Definitely not a marble rye.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

They really need to not switch the station around for DVR purposes. 

Forgive my ignorance, but why? Can you not just tell the DVR that you want only first run eps to record? Or is it channel specific as to which showings get taped? I haven't had cable since well before DVR's existence, so I don't really know how it works.

For my system anyway, you need specific channels and I think even time slots. It's a pain in the ass and I hate cable. Very likely gonna get rid but TSN's monthly online package is $20. Kiss my ass $20!

Well, the lead-up show was very well done. I think Schiavone talking to Cody was about the quietest I've ever heard him speak, he sounded like a completely different person. 

My only other comment is that Sammy Guevara is a guy who looks like Steve-O with a panda fetish. That's... kinda weird. 

• Haha 3