• NXT Breakout Semi: Jordan Myles vs. Angel Garza
  • Keith Lee vs. Damien Priest
  • Dark Io Shirai vs. Kacy Catanzaro
  • Xia Li vs. Bianca Bel Air

And the Segments: 

• "Why Killain Dain Why?"
  • Velveteen Dream and the NA Title picture
  • Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano name their stips for Takeover TO

I really hope we see more Garza in the near future.

Dark Io entrance is so good.

Keith Lee didn't even budge catching Damien, that's just ridiculous.

Velveteen Dream is so polished, he's beyond polished, he's just shining with his own inner light now.

Myles/Garza was nice, and I'm disappointed it wasn't the finals.

Xia/Bianca was another excellent Bianca squash'.

Io/Kacy was just an angle leading to Candice running down for vengeance. It was nice enough.

Lee/Priest had some fun moments. That catch towards the end was kind of insane.

The talking segments were generally nice. Mia's assault of the horsewomen continues. Not sure , but tonight's assault on Duke amused me greatly.

Man, was Jordan Myles always this annoyingly over the top with his mannerisms as ACH or is that new to NXT? Dude looks and moves great but this otaku bullshit is beyond cringey to me. Lee/Priest was cool, I’d like to see that and Kacy/Io again.

Garza continues to impress, granted he's doing stuff I've seen in lucha before like the Mascara pants spot but great look, carries himself well and I loved the apron skirt spot this week. 

Assuming Keith Lee is doing a disgruntled vet heel turn in a few weeks.

49 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I think they need to issue a warning for Io's entrance. I like it, but I can it being a problem for those living with epilepsy. 

Wasn't Shinsuke's entrance nothing but strobe lights for awhile?

22 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Man, was Jordan Myles always this annoyingly over the top with his mannerisms as ACH or is that new to NXT? Dude looks and moves great but this otaku bullshit is beyond cringey to me. 

It seems like they want him channeling his old tag team partner's goofy energy.

Garza is so good if only just because he trolls that one piece of shit fan that's always in the front row. Let's call him bald fat guy. He also acted like a piece of shit at the two AEW shows. But then Garza does all of his other stuff and I wish he would have won instead. Dude is so good and entertaining.

I'm now with everyone else in that I'm ready to move on from Johnny in the title picture. I love Adam Cole as champion and I think Johnny Gargano is great, I'm just ready for the title scene to not have him in it.

Lee vs Priest was fucking badass. Kinda sucks that Lee now seems to occupy the same role Ohno had because Lee is pretty much great at everything. Dude should be on the main roster ethering others. Priest is also very good. In a world where WWE has Damien Priest, is there really any reason to keep Baron Corbin around? He's like Baron Corbin if Corbin didn't straight up plateau as a wrestler. Vince wants to book Corbin like a monster, but he comes off like Harvey Whippleman. Priest is just one of those guys who probably doesn't need to be in NXT for very long. Get him on the main roster and let him do big athletic shit there. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, Godfrey said:

Man, was Jordan Myles always this annoyingly over the top with his mannerisms as ACH or is that new to NXT? Dude looks and moves great but this otaku bullshit is beyond cringey to me.

I love ACH but as you saw he does get carried away with that.  But if you found that annoying then you might have hated him more if you saw him in New Japan's BOSJ.  The finals had him in a tag where he hardcore geeked out with Kushida and was dancing to Naito's theme (to be fair though how could you not?)  But FWIW I've seen him bring the intensity so it is possible for him to dial that down when needed.  Maybe once he's on TV more he'll dial it down since he won't be as concerned with making a first impression.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, Craig H said:

Garza is so good if only just because he trolls that one piece of shit fan that's always in the front row. Let's call him bald fat guy. He also acted like a piece of shit at the two AEW shows. 

This guy? If it is, yeah dude seems super annoying but I've seen people say he's a decent guy so ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/flwrestlingfan

On 8/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, hammerva said:

I really liked Lee vs Priest but really hated that finish.  Made him look like a complete dummy which for someone who is doing a "I haven't been doing that well" gimmick.  I wonder if their house show matches were the same way 

At the house show in Bel Air Lee lost also but that was before that promo he did.  It was a good bit better than the TV match though they could have shaved off 5 or so minutes.  But I remember being really happy with it.