DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:05 AM, Matt D said:

I call this the "Seth Rollins is my top babyface?" expression:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, after last night, there's a decent case to be made that Brock is now the top face. 

• Haha 1

He's crouching down and everything, but jesus, does that picture make Otis look gigantic.   Sheamus is not a small guy by any stretch, and he's all but swallowed up by Dozer.   

• Like 1

How to become World Champion in Japanese Wrestling 2019 : Step 1: Work Hard. Step 2: Be extremely Handsome.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Surely I can't be alone in wishing that both Brock and Seth would just go far, far away.

I actually like Brock, but I would have been good with him having not shown up again until this time next year after his WM loss. Brock is nice in doses and preferably not as champ.

4 hours ago, OSJ said:

Surely I can't be alone in wishing that both Brock and Seth would just go far, far away.

You're not new here. You know damn well you're in good company.

Meanwhile, let's check in on another stale WWE act that did go far, far away.

1164723354.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Found the band! 

7774_logo.gif

It was some Norwegian group on Necropolis back in the late '90s. Do not question my memory when it comes to crap I saw ads for in zines back in '98, my mind is a steel trap for that shit.

EDIT: Speaking of shirts, you gotta love Otis' reading 'POWER BELLY'

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You're not new here. You know damn well you're in good company.

Meanwhile, let's check in on another stale WWE act that did go far, far away.

1164723354.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

and rose from the ashes of Dean Ambrose like a Phoenix

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Found the band! 

7774_logo.gif

It was some Norwegian group on Necropolis back in the late '90s. Do not question my memory when it comes to crap I saw ads for in zines back in '98, my mind is a steel trap for that shit.

I don't know whether to be impressed or aghast that you remember shit like that.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Aghast probably, as am I, especially because there are large chunks out of the last ten years I can't remember at all. 

Maybe it's that the logo is so spectacularly shitty that you can't forget it? Okay, yeah, I'm going with that one. 

Yeah, that's pretty trite even for Norse death-metal, which is not a source fueled by a lot of creativity. 

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

Yeah, that's pretty trite even for Norse death-metal, which is not a source fueled by a lot of creativity. 

Okay now, let's not push it. There aren't a lot of Norwegian death metal bands (and Demonic isn't a death metal band anyway), nor are there many Norwegian bands period, but you don't want me to start in on "creative" metal bands from Scandinavian territories. Swedish Death Metal and Norwegian Black Metal may be monolithic, uniform styles but there are plenty of variations on them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Found the band! 

7774_logo.gif

EDIT: Speaking of shirts, you gotta love Otis' reading 'POWER BELLY'

I remember the label but not the band. Looking them up, they have way too many keyboards for my taste in black metal. Cool logo though. The label also put out some Cripple Bastards stuff and one Mayhem record that I can't remember my opinion on from the few times I listened to it.