Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

WWE still did bikini photo shoots as recently as a few years ago. 

So... you’re saying even WWE, the company that puts on male-only shows, has stopped doing bikini photo shoots?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bikini photo shoots for outside the ring promotion is fine to me as long as the actual in-ring product is presented in a serious way come bell time. The Japan photo books have been around for over 20 years now, shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if those were even Brandi's idea since she comes from the modeling world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

The bikini photo shoots for outside the ring promotion is fine to me as long as the actual in-ring product is presented in a serious way come bell time. The Japan photo books have been around for over 20 years now, shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if those were even Brandi's idea since she comes from the modeling world.

Yeah, I’ve assumed that. Brandi comes off as very “Old fashioned” in interviews. Like Laura Bush sort of way. Nice lady, but kind of in a bubble.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How so? 

She acts like a subservient wife. It may be part of her gimmick. But the tone-deaf photoshoots make me think that she probably has dropped a few “Boys will be boys” in her life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think a generation that's getting more and more nihilistic and apathetic wouldn't give a shit about some women's photo shoot for a pro-wrestling show, something that was probably a Brandi Rhodes invention and has been showcased in BTE already with no issues. Some would call it bad optics. I dunno man. One would only have to look at some of the WWE girls' instagram pages to see something resembling those kind of shots. Does WWE actively encourage this? who knows. I doubt this is a AEW brass scheme or some kind of fan-grab. If the girls want to show off their boobs, let them, I don't care. 

Edited by Rick
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Brandi Rhodes entire IG page is pretty much bikini shoots.  I am not surprised to see her in a bikini. In fact, I'd be more surprised if she wasn't.  Are people really pressed about this? 

What *aren't* people pressed about these days?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really having an argument over women in bikinis? Its actually more clothing than your standard men's wrestling speedo. 

Its not like they're doing softcore Skinemax porn here. They have fun doing it and get a pay day. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind if they do girls in bikinis photo shoots...

As long as we get a Hunks in Trunks male equivalent.

Am I right guys?

*whistles American males theme as he walks away*

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The big thing is whether or not it's compulsory.

For example, if I worked hard on my appearance and I'm proud of how I look, heck yes I'm going to take pictures. My appearance means a lot to me, and whether I post pictures publicly or not, it doesn't change that I took those pictures for myself. I shouldn't be mandated to do so by my employer, though. No matter how proud I may be of my body and how willing I am to show it off on my own time, it shouldn't be a requirement of my employment.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t mind if they do girls in bikinis photo shoots...

As long as we get a Hunks in Trunks male equivalent.

Am I right guys?

*whistles American males theme as he walks away*

You don't have to look hard to find the Fabulous Ones pictures that get posted every so often.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be way off but I'm going to bet that women's wrestling in AEW will be taken seriously.  They will have the opportunity to show what they can do in ring and have good matches and they will have story lines with plenty of air time. I don't foresee bra and panties matches and lingerie pillow fights. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you buy a show on Fite TV, that gives you both the live broadcast and unlimited replays of that show, correct? Because regular PPV is a watch once opportunity? Because it's £14.95 in the UK on both Fite and ITV Box Office.

Presumably AEW does have a DVD/BluRay deal in place as well. But who knows what the release date of a show that hasn't happened yet will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AxB said:

So if you buy a show on Fite TV, that gives you both the live broadcast and unlimited replays of that show, correct? Because regular PPV is a watch once opportunity? Because it's £14.95 in the UK on both Fite and ITV Box Office.

Presumably AEW does have a DVD/BluRay deal in place as well. But who knows what the release date of a show that hasn't happened yet will be.

Correct

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...