DVDVR Message Board

Run Kofi Run - SDL - 3/19/2019

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't know, I guess? I'm actually really big Sasha & Bayley fans, but tonight was just BAD and I don't think it's the fault of anyone not named Sasha Banks.

On the upside, at least Bayley's generally been looking good in-ring these last several weeks. (tonight was also her first ever SDL match, given she came up to Raw just after the 2016 draft.)

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Is that accurate? 

Has she messed up things?  Yes.  Does she take risks sometimes? Yes.  Was it her fault that Paige got hurt?  No.  

There's a few people here who like to nitpick Sasha.  She still has very good matches even recently against Ronda and in the elimination chamber with her and Bayley against Mandy/Sonya.  Charlotte botches a lot of things regularly and the same few posters never say anything about it.  @Casey is actually a huge Liv Morgan fan who is I'll be nice,  she's improving but still bad. He never mentions her botches.  ?

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

Momentum killer for Joe and Orton, I think so. A tad bit ridiculous that both of them had to take clean falls back to back after Kofi was just put through the announce table after working 30+ mins at that point. Felt like they could've shuffled the lineup and booked that a little better so as to not hurt those guys when they also have their own Wrestlemania matches, and Joe is a champion at that but they seem to have him drop falls at every turn.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Didn't Daniel Bryan have a gauntlet match just like this? With similar fuckery?

The point here is cute callbacks right?

Gauntlet match on RAW, July 2013. Bryan beat Swagger, Antonio Cesaro and Ryback by DQ. Bryan vs. Cesaro match from it was terrific. I still go back to watch it again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Didn't Daniel Bryan have a gauntlet match just like this? With similar fuckery?

The point here is cute callbacks right?

Gauntlet match on RAW, July 2013. Bryan beat Swagger, Antonio Cesaro and Ryback by DQ. Bryan vs. Cesaro match from it was terrific. I still go back to watch it again. 

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Joe is the US champion, which means he needs to get used to getting pinned even more than he was before.

Joe is a midcard act, but I'm fine with it. He's 39 and this is probably the best it will get for him in WWE at this point. At least he's on TV every week, having significant feuds and matches, so I'm happy. I never expected him to ever be in WWE at all. So at least he's there and having a role at least.

• Like 3

If he stays healthy I think he'll get a WWE Title run before his career is over. He's way too over with the crowd, too good on the mic, and too good in the ring to not get a WWE Title run.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Has she messed up things?  Yes.  Does she take risks sometimes? Yes.  Was it her fault that Paige got hurt?  No.  

There's a few people here who like to nitpick Sasha.  She still has very good matches even recently against Ronda and in the elimination chamber with her and Bayley against Mandy/Sonya.  Charlotte botches a lot of things regularly and the same few posters never say anything about it.  @Casey is actually a huge Liv Morgan fan who is I'll be nice,  she's improving but still bad. He never mentions her botches.  ?

I thought most reasonable people could tell that I’m trolling when I talk about Liv Morgan. The same goes for when I mention Bad Luck Fale.

Good grief.

If they could make it interesting and give Joe a new opponent every month I'd like to see Joe break Lugers 524 day run as US Champ.

Be a nice call back to the ROH title run. I don't think Joe has had a mythic run as a Champion since then and I'd like to see anyone long run from him.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

DB is my fave, but I still kinda hope Kofi wins and think he will, and also I'm really fucking over this angle and think it's gonna drive this match way down the card. This is really tired already. 

Only thing I disagree on, I want Daniel Bryan to still win. The rest we do.

Just now, Web Conn said:

If they could make it interesting and give Joe a new opponent every month I'd like to see Joe break Lugers 524 day run as US Champ.

Be a nice call back to the ROH title run. I don't think Joe has had a mythic run as a Champion since then and I'd like to see anyone long run from him.

Samoa Joe as ROH World Champion. What a time for Joe and ROH.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If he stays healthy I think he'll get a WWE Title run before his career is over. He's way too over with the crowd, too good on the mic, and too good in the ring to not get a WWE Title run.

Here's hoping. I'd have put the WWE Universal Championship on Samoa Joe when he faced Brock Lesnar for it at Great Balls of Fire 2017 or more so from AJ Styles at SummerSlam 2018 for the WWE Championship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

I thought most reasonable people could tell that I’m trolling

It's 2019.  The age of trolls trolling others trolls,  it's too much.  In the words of Danny Glover,  I'm getting too old for this shit. ?

I got people telling me now that breaking kayfabe is a good way to tell a story despite having empirical evidence to the contrary.  Shit. ?

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I don't know, I guess? I'm actually really big Sasha & Bayley fans, but tonight was just BAD and I don't think it's the fault of anyone not named Sasha Banks.

Honestly, it seems to be a running thing here.

Everyone says the IIconics are somehow terrible with these botches against the Horsewomen- and yet most of the botches in matches with the Horsewomen were clearly, blatantly the Horsewoman in the match's fault. (This match, the Billie/Charlotte match...)

• Like 2

Jesus Christ Kofi is over right now. I mean, damn. It's amazing how just giving the guy a showcase and a shot one week (because someone else got injured) suddenly turned him into the hottest male on the roster, but I'll be dammed it really did.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I like the optimism, but I'm just not sure it happens. Let's just say I will be pleasantly surprised if it does.