DVDVR Message Board

Run Kofi Run - SDL - 3/19/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Casey said:

They've got two weeks to announce the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania. That's cutting it pretty close for the main title of one of your shows. I have no desire to see Kofi in a title match, but damn. Just like Becky/Ronda, they're making this more complicated than it needs to be. 

That's because the WWE creative team is garbage, and WWE booking is garbage. How is the investment not there already after a five-man gauntlet match? What's going to happen next week? The locker room will empty and demand Kofi get his shot. That's even more garbage. 

It's like they are trying to repeat WrestleMania 30 again but doing it the horrendous Vince McMahon way. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Casey said:

They've got two weeks to announce the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania. That's cutting it pretty close for the main title of one of your shows. I have no desire to see Kofi in a title match, but damn. Just like Becky/Ronda, they're making this more complicated than it needs to be. 

Because the longer you stretch this out,  the more the moment becomes Kofi makeing it to Mania and not winning the title.  This way, Bryan retains without ruining the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Because the longer you stretch this out,  the more the moment becomes Kofi makeing it to Mania and not winning the title.  This way, Bryan retains without ruining the moment.

In other words, it's a systematic way to murder Kofi Kingston's momentum. 

I still don't think Bryan actually needs the title with his gimmick. You can easily have Kofi win and carry it for a couple of months before putting over a heel they want to elevate like a post-draft Drew or ... so, not a deep bench.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

In other words, it's a systematic way to murder Kofi Kingston's momentum. 

"You'll get over when I want you to get over, pal."  In current WWE booking 101,  I think it's safe to say that Brock, Ronda and Bryan are all the heavy favorites.  Maybe one of them loses and if it's Ronda then it'll actually be Charlotte.  lol

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Hey maybe we get the scene from Rudy and all the wrestlers will walk into Vince’s office and throw their gear on his desk. For Kof

Vince hasn't seen Rudy, and probably never will.

Rowan's Kreator shirt was great. I'm here just for the Erick Rowan Metal Band Fashion Watch. He needs his own weekly segment where he sits and talks metal bands. The Bludgeon Brothers theme gave me a sliver of hope that Luke Harper would be the final boss.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Just now, Matt D said:

I still don't think Bryan actually needs the title with his gimmick. You can easily have Kofi win and carry it for a couple of months before putting over a heel they want to elevate like a post-draft Drew or ... so, not a deep bench.

Seriously. Just give Kofi his big moment. It ain't that hard. This is "Save Martha" levels of incompetence here. 

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Well I believe the Yes movement strike on RAW to actually create the WM matches for Daniel Bryan didn't occur until the week before the go home show.  So using the same blueprint it has to happen next week.  

Daniel Bryan and "the fans" occupying RAW was on March 10th. WrestleMania XXX was on April 6th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well I believe the Yes movement strike on RAW to actually create the WM matches for Daniel Bryan didn't occur until the week before the go home show.  So using the same blueprint it has to happen next week.  

Nope. March 10. WrestleMania 30 was April 6. So they had almost four weeks.

5 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Hey maybe we get the scene from Rudy and all the wrestlers will walk into Vince’s office and throw their gear on his desk. For Kof

You realize that if they did something like that Wrestlemania could still be a 5 hour show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And the stipulation of the winner of their match gets inserted into the main event occurred on March 17th. All this is kind of a moot point, though, since the Daniel Bryan story had been going on for MONTHS at this point. The Kofi stuff has only been since... what, the week of Elimination Chamber? It's not a hard story to tell, but they're taking weird turns when they don't have a lot of time to do said twists and turns.

• Like 3

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How does this relate to Kofi? I can’t watch it now. It being Angle, I wouldn’t watch it anyway. 

WWE doesn't know how to get out of its own way. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

I'm more amazed everyone going insane about this didn't give a fuck about Kofi's placement until the week of EC, now suddenly he needs a Gold Watch reign, taking the belt of a guy they would've KILLED to see have this run 4 years ago.  It's pretty amazing.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I'm more amazed everyone going insane about this didn't give a fuck about Kofi's placement until the week of EC, now suddenly he needs a Gold Watch reign, taking the belt of a guy they would've KILLED to see have this run 4 years ago.  It's pretty amazing.

The only logical outcome of all this is to have Mustafa Ali take his spot back that Kofi took from him.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm not sure what's amazing about it. Kofi Kingston has been a fan favorite for years. God forbid fans want to see a longtime veteran finally have his run. Also, Bryan had a miraculous return to the ring and now he's champ. He's had a decent run with the belt. It'd hardly be some tragedy to see him lose to a Kofi Kingston at WrestleMania when years ago, the best he could do was 12 seconds against Sheamus or not even getting booked onto Wrestlemania. 

Just because we want to see Kofi Kingston wins doesn't mean we hate Bryan or think he's crap and want to see him lose. You make it sound like that's a contradiction.

In 2006, Bryan was having an epic run as ROH champion. Was beating tons of other favorites in one hour contests. Then he ultimately lost to Homicide who had a long storyline leading up to him finally winning the title. Fans wanted to see Homicide get the belt too. It wasn't because they hate Bryan and wanted to see him lose. Maybe they like both guys. Bryan vs. Kingston on paper is a great match-up and maybe fans now just want to see Kingston have his moment and get that win just like Bryan did. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 3