DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Still only familiar with modern Who. Its Tennant, Capaldi, Smith, Eccleston, Whittaker for me.

Switch Capaldi with Smith and we have the same order. So close for my top spot between Tennant and Smith. Times I think I should or stick. Whittaker is the worst by far. I couldn't believe in her whereas Michelle Gomez's Missy I could.

I didn't really care for Matt Smith's run as the Doctor. That was more or less the Amy and Rory show for me with the Doctor just kind of being there. Plus I haaaaaate River Song and that comprised a lot of Matt Smith's time. I thought Smith was fine, but Amy and Rory are very S-tier for me.

Probably loved Tennant the most, then Capaldi starting near the end of his first season as the Doctor, then Whittaker, then Eccleston, and finally Smith.

Strong honorable mention for John Hurt.

For older Doctors, I think they're all outshined by the newer ones, but I do remember Colin Baker the most. Not sure if that's because he looked like a fucking clown or because it felt like he had the most time spent with episodes about Gallifrey and I always found Gallifrey to be really interesting as a kid. The Chicago based PBS was what aired Doctor Who over here and it seemed like they showed the McCoy run the most. I could never really get into Tom Baker's time, but maybe that had to do with me being a kid and thinking the show at that point still looked really old.

I think a lot of the Big Finish stuff has helped "rehabilitate" Colin and the 6th Doctor, since its prob better served than what JNT did at the time. 

As we know from wrestling, even the best booker eventually runs out of steam and ideas. I don't know if I'd call JNT the Russo of Who but .... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey!  The Doctor Who Classics Channel is now on Vizio WatchFree+.  About fucking time since WF+ is pretty much just select feeds from Pluto TV.

Now they need to get off of their asses and give me the Pluto TV Godzilla 24/7 Channel.

Edited by J.T.

God.  Watching Remembrance of the Daleks.   Forgotten how much I hated most of the Seventh Doctor stuff except for this one story.

Totally forgot that Joseph Marcell, the actor that played Geoffrey the Butler in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, is in E2.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The most Davies thing to ever Davies. At one point we thought that Who could be better, outright demanded it to be, but after years of Chibnell, this dumb shlock works fine. Tennant was lovely and older, more subdued Donna was at least a temporary improvement. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

The most Davies thing to ever Davies. At one point we thought that Who could be better, outright demanded it to be, but after years of Chibnell, this dumb shlock works fine. Tennant was lovely and older, more subdued Donna was at least a temporary improvement. 

Never gotten the love for Donna. I thought she was the most annoying companion by far(I've only watched NU WHO), though a few later ones have come close. She was much better in this ep, I agree. Too bad they didn't do Martha Jones instead. . 

• Like 4