DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

15 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm also going to be checking out the recently pushed Orange Cassidy matches. He is someone whose gimmick infuriates me.  I know it's not rational and it approaches Cornette territory but I can't help it. I'd love to have my mind changed though.

Cornette's rage over the OC gimmick is a bit irrational. This isn't slo-mo grenade levels of kayfabe bashing.  Nor is it in any way objectionable or kinda gross like Joey Ryan's penis antics. He's too cool for school and most often, it seems, pays the price for it.  I love it!  OC's execution of it all leads me to believe he's going to be a big bright shiny star. Thanks to the previous posters for the OC match tips.  

• Like 1

I haven't been doing a lot of video editing lately as my pending wrestling retirement left me down as fuck...it lasted a month, like I'm a Funk or some shit. I am working a lesser schedule though, as 50-60 indie matches in your 40s with a bad back is not smart on many, many, many levels.

Anyway, we debut at a new outdoor fair tomorrow and this is the hype video for it...gonna try a live Facebook feed of the first show at 2:30, Pacific, tomorrow. Link to our Facebook is...

https://www.facebook.com/BigWestWrestling

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 6:51 AM, hammerva said:

???

D_O7b1QUIAEkQnV.jpg

I will be stunned if this match actually happens. The minute I saw this graphic I started the countdown to Lawler getting pulled by WWE due to Mance being featured on another nationally televised wrestling product and from this event in general being loosely affiliated with AEW's All Out weekend. 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:38 PM, Marty Sugar said:

Anyway, we debut at a new outdoor fair tomorrow and this is the hype video for it...gonna try a live Facebook feed of the first show at 2:30, Pacific, tomorrow.

In true indie fashion, the wifi out there was non-existent; also a guy canceled on me last minute and I had to wrestle twice instead of taking the day off. Rethinking this un-retirement thing today. ?

We did have our 6pm show online, though...thanks to the guys doing the announcing who brought their own hotspot with them.

EDIT: and a potato, apparently...

Edited by Marty Sugar
  • Like 3

Guest Edwin

So USA Pro is running Orlando the day before WrestleMania in Tampa. That's a 2:30 hour drive... Not the brightest idea.

The GCW Tribute to Homicide show was pretty fun for old east coast indie fans.  The main event was completely fucked up as the commission shut down the match after Low Life Louie not shockingly bleed in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the match.   Low Ki vs Joey Janela was very competitive and back and forth which I really didn't expect.  great to see guys like Julius Smokes, Ghost Shadow, CRAZY IVAN (thank god not Skinhead Ivan), and even Xavier in Low Ki's corner.  Even brought back Prince Nana and the Embassy with Jimmy Rave.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

The GCW Tribute to Homicide show was pretty fun for old east coast indie fans.  The main event was completely fucked up as the commission shut down the match after Low Life Louie not shockingly bleed in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the match.   Low Ki vs Joey Janela was very competitive and back and forth which I really didn't expect.  great to see guys like Julius Smokes, Ghost Shadow, CRAZY IVAN (thank god not Skinhead Ivan), and even Xavier in Low Ki's corner.  Even brought back Prince Nana and the Embassy with Jimmy Rave.

You sold me on ordering the replay. I think I have enough credits to get it for free.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

That sounds great. I watched the videos on their YouTube page and got psyched for the show. Will need to order now. 

19 hours ago, ka-to said:

Louie went to the hospital. His head looks horrible. Lots of stitches on top of a lump.

It was 15 staples specifically. Gage slashed open an artery with a pizza cutter. He's Louie so he's ok, just taking some time off to heal up. And yeah the commission had their eye on this match, they confiscated several weapons and even patted the guys down before they went out for the match. 

On 7/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, hammerva said:

I'll second the love for this one. Just a really fun nostalgia trip up and down the undercards of old JAPW shows. It's weird to live in a world where 'cide is putting over Teddy Hart, though. I was waiting and hoping for a last second turn there.

Homicide looked like he was having a blast. That cold open with him heading back to the Doghouse and talking about how his friends might be wrestling in front of 80,000 people but that this show was his Wrestlemania moment was more touching than I would have expected.

• Like 1

Someone @ me this weekend so I can remember to order the GCW shows from Tullahoma and Nashville. I wanted to go to the Tullahoma one but I couldn’t take my vacation until the 2nd of August, so it looks like I’ll be watching this from the comfort of my home (20 minutes away from Tullahoma, too. Ugh!).

I'm not a fan of the "journalist" that took the video, but I enjoyed this Thrash Wrestling match from July 13 in Armstrong at the MetalFest; I missed it as I was hosting my own pair of Big West Wrestling shows in West Kelowna that same  day...

AMF TITLE: Camaro Cope (c) vs. Davey Deals

https://www.facebook.com/okanaganwrestlingreview/videos/209568319948973/

EDIT: around the same time, in West Kelowna, our Main Event was also going down...

Edited by Marty Sugar
  • Like 1

Beyond Wrestling's Americanrana '19 is on the 28th. Card so far:

• Bryan Alvarez & Tom Lawlor vs Thomas Santell & Nick Gage
  • Josh Briggs vs Johnny lotsofnames (Mundo/Impact/Hennigan)
  • LAX vs Bear Country
  • Kimber Lee vs Kris Statlander
  • Andy Williams & Pepper Parks vs Rock n Roll Express
  • Orange Cassidy (c) vs R D Evans (Independent Wrestling.tv title)
  • Chris Dickinson vs Daisuke Sekimoto
  • David Starr vs Joey Janela (60 minute Iron Man)

I'm guessing there's a few matches being added this week, but it looks pretty good so far. Be interesting to see if Starr and Janela can outdo last year's No rope Barbed Wire match (nb: Americanrana '18 full show is on YouTube. Or in the 2018 matches thread, last page).

Also, LAX booked under the name LAX. Interesting.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2019 at 5:20 PM, RIPPA said:

An injured Janela going 60 minutes is probably not a good thing

Looks like he pulled out of the GCW show in Tullahoma if the results I’m reading are right. Glad I didn’t go now.