DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

20 hours ago, cool arrow said:

That fucking Janela show sounded like a trainwreck going in, and somehow it ended up being even worse.

It was a fun trainwreck. I'm most likely going to watch Gage vs. Arquette again. Plus, it's a treat to see the Great Sasuke. Human Tornado and Penelope Ford put on a hell of a match, although people are going to have obvious problems with it. That's a can of worms I just don't feel like opening.

Sabu went into more detail about why he hates Jim Ross.

In 1988 the NWA ran Detroit with the Sheik in the main event. His pay was 10,000 dollars or half the gate, whichever was higher. The show was a near sell out and Sheik only got ten grand. Someone told Sheik that Ross made the call not to pay the money. So he views it as Ross stole 90,000 from his family. 

Jim Cornette mentioned this show and there was some skirmish about pay, Sheik was suppose to do a return match but quit. The show did not draw half of what Sheik drew. 

The first show had Dusty and Sheik as partners vs I think Al Perez and Larry Zbyszko. Sheik turned on Dusty and the next Detroit show would be Dusty vs Sheik. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Victator said:

Sabu went into more detail about why he hates Jim Ross.

In 1988 the NWA ran Detroit with the Sheik in the main event. His pay was 10,000 dollars or half the gate, whichever was higher. The show was a near sell out and Sheik only got ten grand. Someone told Sheik that Ross made the call not to pay the money. So he views it as Ross stole 90,000 from his family. 

Jim Cornette mentioned this show and there was some skirmish about pay, Sheik was suppose to do a return match but quit. The show did not draw half of what Sheik drew. 

The first show had Dusty and Sheik as partners vs I think Al Perez and Larry Zbyszko. Sheik turned on Dusty and the next Detroit show would be Dusty vs Sheik. 

Wasn’t The Sheik notorious for stiffing pretty much everyone?

Just a quick follow up on the Sabu thing. From the WON Daily Update

Sabu had very negative comments about Jim Ross after his fall yesterday. When asked to explain, he said it was over a 1988 Great American Bash show at Cobo in Detroit where he said that they gave Sheik $10,000 and his family was owed $90,000 more. Ross wasn't running the company and a $100,000 payoff for a house show didn't exist in that era. It doesn't really even exist in this era.  $10,000 was unheard off for one show in 1988 unless it was a PPV show or perhaps a giant house show. I think Kevin Sullivan was the one who felt Sheik would help them draw big in Cobo and he did get a big reaction. It was a short main event with Dusty Rhodes & Sheik over Sullivan & Dick Murdoch in a cage match and Sheik used his camel clutch on Sullivan. 

28 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

I think Enzo is trying to turn it into a work but HHH is having none of it.

Vince on the other hand.  Randy Orton is still around and Enzo did sell a lot of merchandise.

Vince still being around is why I think Enzo will be back.