DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Congratulations, you won the right to be swept by the Dodgers. . .

Hows that working out for you now? Wacha Wacha Wacha Wacha. 

That being said can we just blow out one fucking game. This 13 inning crap, and going five with the Bums after being down 2-1 and scoring one run today. Seriously I like the nickname the Cardiac Cards but do we have to live up to that nick name EVERY fucking game.  

PS in Cardinals history Bob Gibson and Michael Wacha are now the only two pitchers in history to have back to back post season starts where they allowed one run or less and struck out 8 or more. Who knew Pujols leaving would be so great for us. 

In my wildest dreams I thought the Cardinals could maybe...maaaaybe have like a 10% chance of taking more than 1 out of the four potential Greinke/Kershaw starts.  They would have at best to get one of those by luck and then cobble together the two other games just to limp into Game 7.

But to take both of their first games without burning a Wainwright start to get them is crazy huge.

Congratulations, you won the right to be swept by the Dodgers. . .

Hows that working out for you now? Wacha Wacha Wacha Wacha. 

That being said can we just blow out one fucking game. This 13 inning crap, and going five with the Bums after being down 2-1 and scoring one run today. Seriously I like the nickname the Cardiac Cards but do we have to live up to that nick name EVERY fucking game.  

PS in Cardinals history Bob Gibson and Michael Wacha are now the only two pitchers in history to have back to back post season starts where they allowed one run or less and struck out 8 or more. Who knew Pujols leaving would be so great for us. 

eh. . . .how was I supposed to know that the Dodgers bats would get a serious case of steroid dick?

So, Tigers pitching staff:  Most strikeouts in a regular season?  Check.

Most strikeouts in a LDS?  Check.

Tonight?  17 Ks.

I really, really, really wish that A.) Cabrera was actually healthy and B.) that the rest of the lineup would wake up, but I will take this power pitching gladly.

The incessant whining and griping from the Red Sox players and fans tonight was tough to take. Suck it up - your hitters got pwned.

I can't remember the last time I saw the on-deck batter stand there and scream at the umpire over a strike call...the umpire who is about to call his at-bat.

And, man. 

The Cardinals/Dogers game.  Score 1-0 Time: 2 Hours 40 min.

The Red Sox/Tigers game. Score 1-0 Time: 3 Hours 56 min.

GET IN THE BOX AND SWING, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

I'm just mad no one remembered to plunk Victorino tonight.  That means two tomorrow.

Wait? Wasn't Victorino a switch hitter? Why is he hitting righty against Sanchez?

During one of the LDS games the broadcast team mentioned his hamstring injury has forced him to temporarily abandon hitting from the left side.

The suggestion was he'll be back to switch hitting next season when he's had time to rest/recoup, but for the time being he's righty-only.

The Sox fans on my Facebook feed have been tremendous. Complaining bitterly about the strike zone, saying Sanchez didn't pitch a good game and the Sox could've gotten to him multiple times if they played again.....yeah. Don't ever change, Boston.

For all the shit heaped on to Cards fans this year, Boston fans are and always will the the absolute worst.

The Sox fans on my Facebook feed have been tremendous. Complaining bitterly about the strike zone, saying Sanchez didn't pitch a good game and the Sox could've gotten to him multiple times if they played again.....yeah. Don't ever change, Boston. For all the shit heaped on to Cards fans this year, Boston fans are and always will the the absolute worst.

I view Sox and Card fans as equal evils.

Surprised they didn't take a longer look at fan interference over at first base. Sure, Fielder should have caught that, but he's being touched by fans who reached over the railing. By the letter of the law, that's an out.