DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

This is the first ROH PPV I purchased, and I liked it.  I thought for a NYC crowd they were quieter than I thought, which hurt a couple matches.  Going to the TV taping in Baltimore, it was a spoiler alert of sorts for me.  I knew the champions would remain champion, but it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the matches.

If there's anything positive to say about the chairshot to Briscoe, it was only one unlike their Ladder War.  But I still could done without seeing that.  Wild match, the staple gun and push pin spots were gruesome (a superkick with the pins in Jay's mouth?  Damn, man)  Really enjoyed the 6-man tag.  Really, aside from the RD match I enjoyed them all a lot.

So wait, flippy guys can't beat the hell out of each other?

That makes me sad.

It WOULD be awesome if they had standing lariat battles between moonsaults. Good idea. Wrestling needs more hate. If I wanna get into a fight with someone I hate who has wronged me, I'm not gonna try to armdrag him.

• Like 1

This is the first ROH PPV I purchased, and I liked it. I thought for a NYC crowd they were quieter than I thought, which hurt a couple matches. Going to the TV taping in Baltimore, it was a spoiler alert of sorts for me. I knew the champions would remain champion, but it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the matches.

If there's anything positive to say about the chairshot to Briscoe, it was only one unlike their Ladder War. But I still could done without seeing that. Wild match, the staple gun and push pin spots were gruesome (a superkick with the pins in Jay's mouth? Damn, man) Really enjoyed the 6-man tag. Really, aside from the RD match I enjoyed them all a lot.

The push pin/ superkick spot came from Gargano vs. Taylor in DG:USA. They may have cribbed it from elsewhere, but that's where I first saw it.

That makes me sad.

It WOULD be awesome if they had standing lariat battles between moonsaults. Good idea. Wrestling needs more hate. If I wanna get into a fight with someone I hate who has wronged me, I'm not gonna try to armdrag him.

Me either. I *would* probably hit him in ... the head ... ahem ... with a, um ... with a chair ...

• Like 1

That makes me sad.

Me either. I *would* probably hit him in ... the head ... ahem ... with a, um ... with a chair ...

You barbarian!!!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the main event and the 6man tag. Might have to re-watch the tag team championship match, because while I dug it for the most part, I thought the finishing stretch was way too long.

It was a little weird that Evans got so much offense on Moose. And I like Evans. But that match should have been one-sided and a lot shorter. Good show overall though.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/alberto-del-rio-to-work-several-roh-live-events-in-january-of-2015-details-inside-here

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Former WWE star Albert Del Rio will be appearing at several ROH events in January.

Del Rio had previously teased that he would be working for two companies in the US, the other would be Lucha Underground.

This is the first ROH PPV I purchased, and I liked it. I thought for a NYC crowd they were quieter than I thought, which hurt a couple matches. Going to the TV taping in Baltimore, it was a spoiler alert of sorts for me. I knew the champions would remain champion, but it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the matches.

If there's anything positive to say about the chairshot to Briscoe, it was only one unlike their Ladder War. But I still could done without seeing that. Wild match, the staple gun and push pin spots were gruesome (a superkick with the pins in Jay's mouth? Damn, man) Really enjoyed the 6-man tag. Really, aside from the RD match I enjoyed them all a lot.

The push pin/ superkick spot came from Gargano vs. Taylor in DG:USA. They may have cribbed it from elsewhere, but that's where I first saw it.

Also Young Bucks vs. Candice & Joey, The World's Cutest Tag Team at PWG Eleven

http://youtu.be/TbHn5QYv3y4

Saw about half of Young Bucks vs. Sydal and ACH last night. Never seen ACH before and he did the dopest running backflip dive over the top rope, it wasn't even a moonsault, more like he was stagediving. I wish the Bucks would've heeled it up more but they did the handshake and I was sad. Those guys are too damn pretty and flippy for them to work as faces, that gimmick is perfect for heeling.