DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Yeah, um, no. RoH is *not* Number 2. Yeah, most people never heard of Destination America, but it's still in more homes that Sinclair stations.

This is far from a good sample size, but I get a Sinclair station and I don't get Destination America. I think I got the better deal, as far as wrestling content goes.

I get Destination America but I, somehow, have 3 Sinclair affiliates within 10 stations of each other so ROH airs here 6 times a week or so.

Besides, this isn't 1998. There is zero point in labeling promotions as number 1 or number 2 because TNA, ROH, PWG, Chikara, and CZW combined can't come close to WWE's spot as the defacto industry leader. It's an absurd, dated notion. ROH should be happy to be the number 1 indy, if they're even that anymore, instead of thinking they're number 2 in the US market.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a number 2 and never will be again because nobody has the money to do what Turner did. WCW and to a lesser extent NWA Crockett was the only time there was a number 2. I wouldn't even put AWA in the running after the talent raids. People are drinking their own bathwater; New Japan is #2 in the world but they don't compete with Vince so it isn't an argument. 

I need to watch more ROH - love the Briscoes, love ReDragon, love the Bucks (when they're on). I could always fast-forward through the chaff, one supposes. When they put me in charge of talent relations at WWE, I'd sign all three of those teams, screw it. Wouldn't let the Briscoes near social media without someone to type in the stuff for them, but still.

As you guys know, I really don't know shit about wrestling, but I think the Briscoes could be huge in the WWE.

Where are all the great Briscoes promos these days? Y'all that keep up with it need to post 'em. 

That was the one thing I missed so much from watching last night: Chicken

Will you take some Papa Briscoe

• Like 1

Watching the TV show this week previewing Final Battle and all I have to say is Mandy Leon  :)  :)

Okay some things,  they also announced for Final Battle the Addiction/Cedrick Alexander vs Young Bucks/ACH.  Man that sounds like an incredible flippy fest 

• Like 1

Watching the TV show this week previewing Final Battle and all I have to say is Mandy Leon  :)  :)

Okay some things,  they also announced for Final Battle the Addiction/Cedrick Alexander vs Young Bucks/ACH.  Man that sounds like an incredible flippy fest 

MOVEZ~!

Is ACH a heel now?

Provided every damn match isn't MOVEZ~!, I like 'em. I've gushed over him in the Japan thread, but American non-flippy big man pro wrestlers should all be watching videos of Tomohiro Ishii and ripping him off. So matches can either be MOVEZ~! or two guys beating hell out of each other. No in between.

Final Battle is tonight, here is the lineup:

ROH World Championship

Jay Briscoe vs Adam Cole

ROH Tag Team Championship

reDRagon vs The Time Splitters

ROH TV Championship

Jay Lethal vs Matt Sydal

Jimmy Jacobs vs Hanson vs Mark Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman

The Young Bucks & ACH vs The Addiction & Cedric Alexander 

RD Evans vs Moose

Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa

Roderick Strong vs Adam Page

Anyone watching? I debated going but tickets sold out so fast. Terminal 5 seems like an odd place for a wrestling show, just basing it off having gone there for many concerts. I wouldn't be surprised if balcony ticket holders will complain a lot, unless they're right at the railing. 

Haven't kept up with ROH outside of a few shows here and there in the last 6 months, but I kinda hope Cole gets the belt one more time. Elgin should have never beaten him for it.