Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
iowanole

What is the worst PPV you have ever purchased?

Recommended Posts

In honor of Impacts PPV return (and hoping it’s decent), I wanted to start a thread for the worst PPV you’ve ever purchased.  The reason I chose purchased instead of watched is because it always meant more to me when I put my hard earned money into purchasing one and then thinking “man, that was a waste of money!”  

 

My worst PPV purchase was AAA’s Triplemania from 2015.  From the production snafu’s to the Villanos/Psycho Circus match, I was so over it by the time that the main event happened, I probably undervalued the Mysterio/Mitico match.  I know there were some crappier ones during the WWF/WCW wars, but we used to have watch parties and it was more about getting together than really caring about the wrestling.

 

What’s your worst PPV purchase?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God, one Australian show Jeff Jarrett did before TNA. I bought it because Eddy was on it. I think a triple threat against Nicho and Juvi, maybe? Main event was a decent southern style Jarrett vs Brian Christopher match. The rest was beyond awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great American Bash 91

Which was the first PPV I ever bought

How I am still a wrestling fan is beyond me

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncensored '95 was the drizzling shits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not technically a ppv purchase, but I feel like my ticket buys for Lockdown 07 and WM 32 would've been better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great American Bash '98 probably. while not the worst event ever, i definitely got more selective after that one. seeing Macho Man lose two matches, knee injury or not, killed my interest in wcw.

@Brian Fowler i ordered the first WWA event (Inception?) and enjoyed it for what it was. not sure if that's the same one or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Great American Bash 91

Which was the first PPV I ever bought

How I am still a wrestling fan is beyond me

I think Phil wins (loses?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

 

@Brian Fowler i ordered the first WWA event (Inception?) and enjoyed it for what it was. not sure if that's the same one or not.

Nope, this would be their second ppv. Was supposed to be Savage vs Jarrett, Randy pulled out like the day before and they didn't announce that until the start of the ppv broadcast.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King of the Ring '99. First time I ever paid for a wrestling PPV with my own money and I got Kane/Show in a never-ending choke spot. I was barely holding on up til then, but holy shit was I bitter after that happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the Edge 1999. Never watched WWF ppvs at the time and that is the one I purchase.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, APO said:

King of the Ring '99. First time I ever paid for a wrestling PPV with my own money and I got Kane/Show in a never-ending choke spot. I was barely holding on up til then, but holy shit was I bitter after that happened.

Beat me to it. I was a month away from turning 12 and even then I knew that I was watching garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WrestleWar 1991. I hated that War Games so much I stopped watching wrestling for nearly 3 years.

  • Confused 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heroes of Wrestling.

 

Fuck ya'll.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew someone had seen Heroes of Wrestling! And of course it's Raz.

Road Wild 1998. My friends really wanted to see Jay Leno wrestler for some reason. Outside of Juvy/Jericho and Misterio/Psicosis it was a slog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UFC 12 I think, the one with shamrock vs Severn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heroes of Wrestling WAS indeed total fucking garbage. But we are talking PAID FOR...and I'm shocked anyone paid for it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

WrestleWar 1991. I hated that War Games so much I stopped watching wrestling for nearly 3 years.

That main event sucked but that Japanese ladies tag match was fucking sweet.  Dynamite Kansai punted the living shit out of tsuki Yamazaki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iowanole said:

In honor of Impacts PPV return (and hoping it’s decent), I wanted to start a thread for the worst PPV you’ve ever purchased.  The reason I chose purchased instead of watched is because it always meant more to me when I put my hard earned money into purchasing one and then thinking “man, that was a waste of money!”  

 

My worst PPV purchase was AAA’s Triplemania from 2015.  From the production snafu’s to the Villanos/Psycho Circus match, I was so over it by the time that the main event happened, I probably undervalued the Mysterio/Mitico match.  I know there were some crappier ones during the WWF/WCW wars, but we used to have watch parties and it was more about getting together than really caring about the wrestling.

 

What’s your worst PPV purchase?

Same. Laughably bad but then I paid for it, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That main event sucked but that Japanese ladies tag match was fucking sweet.  Dynamite Kansai punted the living shit out of tsuki Yamazaki.

would it have sucked had it been the horseman and not Larry in there instead of Arn?  I loved the match as Pillman was always my favorite and it really showcased him. I just can't not think it would have been better though with Arn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

would it have sucked had it been the horseman and not Larry in there instead of Arn?  I loved the match as Pillman was always my favorite and it really showcased him. I just can't not think it would have been better though with Arn.

The problem wasn't with Larry Zbyszko. The problem was with Sid being sloppy and nearly legit killing Brian Pillman even though the match was deliberately booked to allow Sting's team to lose without anyone having to submit.

It all worked out in the end in the aftermath of the match (Sid was over as a monster heel and Pillman became the biggesty baby face in the company overnight) and no one was the wiser until later on, but wow.  Sid was a fucking dangerous guy to be in the ring with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Heroes of Wrestling.

 

Fuck ya'll.

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it was a horrible event but I did not pay to watch it, so it doesn't count.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered Superclash III.  Let's think about how many cold midwestern days I had to deliver newspapers to afford that garbage fest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, worldcupfever said:

I ordered Superclash III.  Let's think about how many cold midwestern days I had to deliver newspapers to afford that garbage fest.

Good it was not, but I didn't pay for it so it doesn't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Great American Bash 91

Which was the first PPV I ever bought

How I am still a wrestling fan is beyond me

You were a strange young man. Now you are a strange middle-aged man.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...