DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If you're the type of jacked dude that makes Vince feel a little funny in the grapefruits, that automatically reduces your number of strikes by 1 for every 8 months you stay clean and retain a certain level of jackedness.

Mandatory:

Image result for vince roman gifs

Image result for vince roman gifs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - hold up

Y'all need to remember that an arrest is NOT a Wellness violation.

A Wellness violation is for a failed test.

The WWE could still go ahead and suspend him since they can play fast and loose with arrests. I mean the one Uso just had a DUI earlier this year and missed a week.

And Jeff didn't violate the alcohol clause of the policy because he wasn't drinking alcohol within 12 hours of performing at a WWE event.

WWE's idea of a "wellness" violation seems kinda, maybe, possibly overly specific.  It's almost like they were trying to draft a policy that had lots of loopholes that would allow the company to look the other way while maintaining the company line about substance abuse.

But, nah, that's crazy..... (Note: Being crazy is also allowable under the wellness policy)

• Like 1

Pretty much the WWE has no official policy when it comes to drunk driving.

Of course - neither do any of the sports leagues so clearly this is a time when the WWE will claim it is a sport

I know we have recovering addicts on here who I admire and respect for their candor and persistence, but my patience for people who do this shit when they have kids is thin. My old man used to pick me up from elementary school and make me keep him company at the bar until he was good and lit up, then he'd drive us home, so there's some personal prejudice. But even if Jeff isn't doing it around them, that level of irresponsibility is scary for someone who's a parent. At the very least he doesn't care about people driving around in other cars with their children. 

• Like 2

I'm not condoning his actions, I think he's an idiot for drinking and driving. When I use to drink I was as guilty of it as anyone else. I somehow never got a DUI. I think it's shitty that the dude was doing so good and fucked up again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

I know we have recovering addicts on here who I admire and respect for their candor and persistence, but my patience for people who do this shit when they have kids is thin. My old man used to pick me up from elementary school and make me keep him company at the bar until he was good and lit up, then he'd drive us home, so there's some personal prejudice. But even if Jeff isn't doing it around them, that level of irresponsibility is scary for someone who's a parent. At the very least he doesn't care about people driving around in other cars with their children. 

I have compassion for addicts. I feel bad for Jeff but also disappointed. Now I'm going to veer off topic and talk about my friend Rick. Personal shit follows.

When I was a kid, my mom started a daycare, as much as a means of our survival as anything after my dad left and never paid a dime of child support. One of the families were watched were Billy and his younger siblings, twins Leyna and Rick. I was the same age as the twins, so, naturally, Rick and I became friends. I was just a little kid, so I didn't realize what was going on. But their parents would pick them up at our house after work, drive to the bar, and leave the three kids in the backseat while they drank for hours. They'd bring them back the next day in the same clothes, unbathed until my mom cleaned them up. So on and so forth.

As we grew up, they eventually didn't need a babysitter anymore of course, and Rick and I remained friendly but drifted apart. Different interests and all. About a year and a half after we graduated, Rick got in a fight with his asshole alcoholic father, and decided to sleep in his van. This was Michigan winter though, and it turns out my friend's old third hand van had a small hole in the exhaust line. Nothing he ever noticed driving around town, but over several hours, while asleep, it leaked into his van and killed him.

I, unfortunately, was unable to attend his funeral. Less than six months later, Billy managed to kill himself by crashing going over 90 mph. 

Every time I go to the local cemetery to see my grandpa's grave, I stop at Rick and Billy's. They are always, even now over 15 years later, covered in more decoration than any other in the entire graveyard. You can see the parental guilt right in front of you. And every time, I feel a fresh wave of absolute hatred at those terrible parents, and crushing grief for Leyna. 

I feel bad for addicts. I realize it can be so fucking hard to stay clean. But if you do that shit to your own children.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 6