DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Realistically,  they could do 

Asuka vs. Charlotte 

Nia vs. Alexa 

Sasha vs. Bayley 

Carmella teasing a cash in 

And a women's battle royal with a few legends thrown in and have Naomi and Becky be the final two and put something on the line like the winner receives a title match at the next PPV

20 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Herzog's done a Tom Cruise movie and Rick and Morty in the last couple of years, so there's an outside chance he would narrate a Five Feet of Moral Ambiguity documentary for the network.

"The first thing anyone notices about her is the garish makeup, a sick carnival mockery of feminine glamour. It twists her face into a kind of totem and makes one unsure if she is human or android. Make no mistake, however, the malevolence that hides behind that mask of absurd paint could never be achieved by technology. It is a degree of vile rage and insecurity that only exits in the human being. From a young age she has been objectified by society and now she extracts her revenge. The revulsion she felt from early in her life for the people around her was so powerful that it literally stunted her growth, her bones hardening prematurely in a mad act of defiance that has left her in a constant state of pain and unease. She seeks only to spread that pain. Her first weapon of choice is cruel emotional scourging of the weakest and most vulnerable. She seeks to amplify their own fears until they strike out at each other eventually causing a society-wide massacre, a spiritual purge that somehow empowers her as it kills the world around her. When that fails, she resorts to physical violence. If you could ask her what she is she would not answer you. She would merely point out your most obvious physical deficiencies and and wait for you turn you back in shame so that she can slice into you with the nearest sharp object.  But if you ask me what she is, I will tell you. She is the purest form of human. Not the most evolved, but the least, and therefore the truest. She is the version of us that reigned before the weakest apes took shelter in politics and camaraderie. She is the most disgusting and perfect human animal.

Next week: Hijinks ensue when she invites her boss to dinner but the oven is broken."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

One thing that is making women's wrestling more interesting is that they are all legitimately jockeying for position within the division.  Of course Charlotte and Alexa are pushed heavy but with Asuka in the mix and Nia Jax,  Sasha and Bayley and Becky and Naomi it still makes it interesting. Plus,  they have some interesting women down in NXT who will make an impact. It feels fresh whereas on the men side everything is so secondary to Roman/Brock.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm hoping that Sasha and Bayley get their own match but there's a couple obstacles.  

1. They could just as easily be thrown in a battle royal for reasons.  

2. They could have their own match but it'll be 5 minutes on the kickoff.  

Unfortunately a lot of the more talented women such as them,  Naomi, Becky,  etc..   will be standing around without a lot to do at Mania.  

47 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

In other words,  this company still has a ways to go before women are treated equally.  They could have 4 matches on the main WM card but they won't.  

I'm hoping so but expect disappointment.

So Braun kicks out of every babyface’s finisher, a Quadruple Powerbomb, takes like 5 Superman punches and eats two Spears to finally take him down. He gets to defeat four former WWE/Universal champions and Elias by himself.

I am pretty sure he’s gonna be alright. The fact they let him do all that and survive the beating he took makes me wonder if he’s going to be tagging with Rousey against Hunter and Steph.

16 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So Braun kicks out of every babyface’s finisher, a Quadruple Powerbomb, takes like 5 Superman punches and eats two Spears to finally take him down. He gets to defeat four former WWE/Universal champions and Elias by himself.

I am pretty sure he’s gonna be alright. The fact they let him do all that and survive the beating he took makes me wonder if he’s going to be tagging with Rousey against Hunter and Steph.

I read this on Twitter.

They booked that like they know that Braun Strowman is the guy, but there's an ancient curse that will kill us and it can only be reversed if Roman Reigns pins Brock Lesnar at a WrestleMania. #WWEChamber

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Of course he's going to be fine. But they are clearly not trying to put him THE top spot in favor of a guy they've been trying to put there for four years and the fans have refused to accept him. He pins Roman here and then Brock at Mania, it just might have actually worked to get the new megaover superstar Reigns is never going to be.

2 minutes ago, Victator said:

I read this on Twitter.

They booked that like they know that Braun Strowman is the guy, but there's an ancient curse that will kill us and it can only be reversed if Roman Reigns pins Brock Lesnar at a WrestleMania. #WWEChamber

Pretty much. Just let Vince get it out of his system and have Roman as THE TOP DAWG for however long he needs to see that it won't change much of anything. Maybe at that point, other babyfaces in the company can get some big wins rather than just all roads lead to Roman (looking strong) they've been doing for the past 3 years.

Roman is likely (unless they do have Rock for the mixed tag) going to main event his fourth straight WrestleMania. Nobody since Hogan in 5-8 (kinda 9) has done four in a row (largely because Austin was hurt at 16 and because they inexplicably didn't put Rock/Hogan on last in Toronto after he did 15-17)

Cena is the only other guy to do three straight (27-29) and Hogan also did the first three.

Why do I know this without looking any of it up or even giving it much thought

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Of course he's going to be fine. But they are clearly not trying to put him THE top spot in favor of a guy they've been trying to put there for four years and the fans have refused to accept him. He pins Roman here and then Brock at Mania, it just might have actually worked to get the new megaover superstar Reigns is never going to be.

The fans refuse to accept Reigns while wearing his merch, watching everyining he does on YouTube,  making the company incredibly profitable all the while buying tickets to a show where it was incredibly likely Reigns was going to win the whole thing. If people are spending a ton of money to boo Roman Reigns, then something's working with him because he's getting people to spend a lot of money on him. Now if the fans stopped spending money on him (ala 1995 Diesel/1996 HBK) then I could see where WWE would change course.

As for Braun, his biggest problem is he's working for the wrong company. Braun Strowman is a top pro-wrestling heel in a sports entertainment company. If Braun were in Impact Wrestling, he'd likely be the guy Callis/D'Amore would build around instead of Austin Aries. At the same time Braun is probably making good money and maybe doesn't care that he's never going to be "the guy" in WWE. Being this generation's Big Show is a helluva gig that likely keeps him on the higher end of earnings.

• Like 1

I'm saying there's a very good chance Braun would, if positioned that way, sell more tickets, more t-shirts, and more Network subs, abd not taking the chance on him is a poor business decision on someone that has basically proven to be about 85% of Cena.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

The fans refuse to accept Reigns while wearing his merch, watching everyining he does on YouTube,  making the company incredibly profitable all the while buying tickets to a show where it was incredibly likely Reigns was going to win the whole thing.

Ratings and attendance are at their lowest point they have been since the 1995. I don't see many fans wearing his merch when the Shield is not active. But for the way they push him, he should sell lots of merch. Anyone pushed as much as Reigns should sell a lot of merch. 

Braun has no reason to be unhappy. He has only been wrestling for three years and is the most popular wrestler in the world. 

• Like 1