DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

He sure as hell isn't making much money if any doing this, so who really knows with him. Maybe he wants to help it draw? I don't know. I hope he invades New Japan to lead Biz Cliz O'Gizzle.

If the concept is like a volunteer firefighter, then it's pretty funny. "Hey there's an indy show held in a loading dock with a feature performance by Sambo Asako, better go out and make sure that draws five people. Uh oh, the phone rang and the local news team is filming Kim Duk trying to get his cat out of a tree, my day job on the construction site can wait"

• Haha 1

Also I think Zeus can beat Kento again and go on to defend against Mashimo again as was suggested above. Or he might lose to Kento but then win the Carny. Weird how Kento and Zeus have both never won the Carny...so many outsiders winning in the past three years, it's like how Kobashi didn't win it until 2000 (or Akiyama didn't win until 2013!). 

Results from Kawada's show today look like everything I was hoping a Kawada-run fed would look like (young AJPW guys mixing it up with post-NOAH-split indie staples). It's been too long since Miyamoto and Aijima were on the same card as Nagai and Fujiwara. Makes me really, really, really want to see Tosh in the ring one more time, even if it's for a wonky 8 man tag or something. 

• Like 2

I have watched few DG shows here and there and I have very little knowledge of it, but is it a safe guess that he is going to become one of the top guys there due to split and some talent leaving DG? If so I imagine that this might have been main reason why he decided to go there.

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy - Dragon Gate Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Aw jeez, can't wait to click the spoiler after I watch the show and witness the inevitable Anthony W. Mori return I've been waiting so long for.

• Like 2

NJPW are doing Lions Gate show in USA on November 10th and 11th. And well it is not exactly a Lions Gate show because we'll be getting Cobb/Goto and Omega/Finlay singles for those shows. And some other cool guys like Liger and Taguchi:

ACH keeps appearing on those NJPW cards, I hope this leads to him eventually getting signed and Super 69 tag team being a long term thing.

Cobb/Goto makes sense since they teased it at last USA show and Goto said something about coming for Cobb's title even if he has no idea what that title even is. Yes, he said something like that.

And well, big opportunity for Finlay. Earlier this year we got Omega/Page which felt like a Omega/Jobber match and this has same feel as well, but Page started slowly moving up after that match and maybe same is going to happen with Finlay.