DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Sony - seeing that WW84 left Nov 2019 open - jumped into that release date and pushed the Charlie's Angels Reboot to then.

So basically it got moved back 5 weeks (9/27 to 11/1)

Bohemian Rhapsody is at 57% on RT. Apparently it ends at Live Aid. Perhaps they're thinking of doing the last six years as a sequel.

I haven't been expecting anything more than boilerplate musical bio pic, but those usually get better reviews than that. But any high hopes died with hearing that the band insisted on it being about all of them, not just Freddie.

I'll end up seeing it, I'm sure, but probably not in a theater.

3 hours ago, Execproducer said:

To be fair, the other members were pretty important to the band.

Yes, but no one, in this solar system, is going to want to see John Deacon's life story when Freddie fucking Mercury is right there. 

And 57 is on the high end of what I was expecting. I'm guessing it settles somewhere in the 40's. 

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes, but no one, in this solar system, is going to want to see John Deacon's life story when Freddie fucking Mercury is right there. 

Yeah, no offense but Brian May and Freddie Mercury are the only two stories in that band that you could turn into feature length films.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

How is Another one Bites the dust a bigger hit than Bohemian rhapsody?

That's news to me.  I'd have sworn that the biggest Queen hit in America would've been We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions since to this very day, it is still a fucking stadium anthem here in the US.

Oh, and

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Funny how many wrestling theme songs were by Queen. 

Which other ones were used? I only recall Ravishing & Ragin using We Will Rock You and Ricky Rice / Derrick Dukes getting back together in the AWA and using One Vision from the Iron Eagle soundtrack after Rice and John Paul's Top Guns tag team broke up.

Did Exotic Adrian Street use a Queen song as entrance music?  Because I could totally see that happening.

44 minutes ago, AxB said:

Wait, never mind. Michael Jackson.

FTFY. He was the one who convinced them it would be a hit.

And you heatherns are totally forgetting that Mr. Danger always came out to "Flash"

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Fun fact: She Loves You was the Beatles biggest hit in the UK. Yeah yeah yeah.

The past is another Country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Wait, never mind. America.

I think Rhapsody might have passed it with the re-release on the heels of Wayn'es world, not sure though.

Rhapsody was number one three times in the UK - when it first came out, when Freddie died, and after Wayne's world. The new movie might give it a shot at a four-peat. Maybe. The charts aren't what they were (they are still basically based on sales, downloads and streams though. None of that radio play business the Yanks factor in).

36 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think Crazy Little Thing Called Love was their only US number one.

Wikipedia says this about Another One...

The song was a worldwide hit, charting number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks, from 4 October to 18 October (their second number-one single in the country). The song spent fifteen weeks in the Billboard top ten (the longest running top ten song of 1980), including thirteen weeks in the top five, and 31 weeks total on the chart (more than any other song in 1980). It reached number two on the Hot Soul Singleschart and the Disco Top 100 chart, and number seven on the UK Singles Chart.The song is credited as Queen's best-selling single, with sales of over 7 million copies.This version was ranked at number 34 on Billboard's All-Time Top Songs.