DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

He probably means the huge fucking pile of money they're gonna make on that movie. Dropping that on Thanksgiving guarantees that is making a boatload.

It is coming out the same day as

• Wreck It Ralph 2
  • The Women of Marwen
  • Jamie Foxx's Robin Hood

And a week after Fantastic Beasts 2 and Widows

The last one opened the same against time and finished 3rd its opening week behind the 2nd week of one of the Hunger Game movies (so insert Fantastic Beasts here) and Good Dinosaur (insert Wreck it Ralph here)

It is Deja Vu all over again

(The original did make almost $110 million total domestically)

At the very least, I'm guessing that Robin Hood movie bombs hard. And with Star Wars out of the picture, is there no huge Christmas movie? If not, it may have made more sense to release Creed 2 at Christmas time.

20 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

MARWEN is now THE WOMEN OF MARWEN?

That is how Rotten Tomatoes lists it

IMDB still has it as Welcome to Marwen

And looking further - IMDB says that Women of Marwen was the working title so I am assuming RT is just using really old promotional material

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

At the very least, I'm guessing that Robin Hood movie bombs hard. And with Star Wars out of the picture, is there no huge Christmas movie? If not, it may have made more sense to release Creed 2 at Christmas time.

Aquaman and Bumblebee are both out on Dec 21

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I love it when JT posts trailers from 3 months ago that were already posted

Hey, I don't follow the children's movies as closely as I used to since I have a teen daughter.  She's more stoked about Happy Death Day 2 than she is about Dumbo.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Technically should go in the Horror thread but I am here

Specifically for @J.T. and @Elsalvajeloco

Deadline reports that a competitive bidding war is currently happening between major Hollywood studios for the rights package to an American remake of the 2016 hit Korean zombie film Train to Busan. Among those bidding for the film are New Line Cinema, Universal Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate Films and Screen Gems. Following the commercial success of The Nun,Gary Dauberman is set to write the horror remake’s script with James Wan producin

I like the names involved with the project but TBH I am more jazzed about the sequel than I am about this reboot.

Hopefully when the sequel hits DVD, it will be in a bundle with the first movie and Seoul Station.

Holmes and Watson

Starring Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Ralph Fiennes, Hugh Laurie, Rebecca Hall, Kelly Macdonald, Rob Brydon, and Braun Strowman

Directed by Etan Cohen

December 21, 2018

In a different Sherlock Holmes movie, Fiennes as Moriarty and Laurie as Mycroft would still be pretty good choices. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And you could do it either way and have it be great. 

That would be a fun experiment. Do same story one way and then redo it with them switching parts.

Or they could switch halfway through the movie like Mac and Dennis did when they made Lethal Weapon 5.

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

That would be a fun experiment. Do same story one way and then redo it with them switching parts.

In 2011, there was a stage play version of Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller. They'd swap who played the Dr and who played the Monster every performance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

In 2011, there was a stage play version of Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller. They'd swap who played the Dr and who played the Monster every performance.

It's a fairly common thing in theatre. You see it a lot with Shakespearean tragedies. Like Othello and Iago for instance.

Fathom events is actually screening those Frankenstein shows, both casting lists, in October.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/nt-live-frankenstein-2018

Strangely, my local theater is only listed as showing one of the two productions. Shrug

On 9/28/2018 at 7:09 PM, odessasteps said:

On 9/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, gatling said:

Or they could switch halfway through the movie like Mac and Dennis did when they made Lethal Weapon 5.

Or they could do it like Mitchell and Webb

16 hours ago, Control said:

Hanks as Mr Rogers is such a safe, predictable choice. If you’ve gotta do a Mr Rogers film, at least throw me some surprise casting, like Viggo Mortensen or  Kurt Russell or something.

Gary Oldman or Christopher Walken

16 hours ago, Control said:

Hanks as Mr Rogers is such a safe, predictable choice. If you’ve gotta do a Mr Rogers film, at least throw me some surprise casting, like Viggo Mortensen or  Kurt Russell or something.

Joaquin Phoenix! Christopher Walken!

EDIT: Shit I didn't read Eddie's post haha. Great minds think alike