DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

More casting from the Roger Ailes biopic called Fair and Balanced

Alice Eve will play Ainsley Earhardt

Mark Duplass will play Megyn Kelly's husband (Kelly is being played by Charlize Theron)

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mark Duplass will play Megyn Kelly's husband (Kelly is being played by Charlize Theron)

Megyn Kelly talking to Casting and getting them to let Charlize Theron to play her in a movie is a totally Megyn Kelly thing to do.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

THE AFTERMATH

Starring Keira Knightly (has an affair, again), Alexander Skarsgård, and Jason Clarke

Man, look at all the ACTING going on in that movie.  There's some serious ACTORS doing some serious ACTING in that FILM.  Give them all the awards!  

Predicted box office: $79,500.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral

David Otunga randomly appeared in the trailer so there is that...

I will go see this because there has yet to be a comedy movie about a black funeral that didn't make me laugh my ass off.

18 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Didn't see it mentioned...apparently Warner Bros. and Andy Muschietti are working an American live action Attack on Titan. FWIW Toho did a two part, live action adaptation in 2015.

The Japanese live action joints have gotten mixed reviews.  AoT is one of those stories that is best told in long form and huge runtimes can break a project if the pacing sucks.

Andy is probably the best director to take on the challenge of bringing AoT to the states.  He's done a splendid job so far getting the ridiculously ponderous IT! to the movies in an entertaining and coherent manner, so I think he's the man for the job of lifting AoT off of the ground.

He definitely needs to follow the Deathly Hallows model that he used with IT! and break up AoT into Chapter One and Chapter Two at the very least.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, RIPPA said:

Isn't It Romantic

Rebel Wilson is trapped in a Rom-Com

Also starring Adam Devine, Priyanka Chopra and the Hemsworth brother who isn't Thor

Rebel Wilson is not having  a good week.  She was on Ellen and said she's the first 'plus-sized' woman to star in a rom-com.   When social media people rightly criticized her for this (Ricki Lake, Megan McCarthy, Mo'Nique, and Queen Latifah all say hi), she started blocking people.   

Then the thought pieces about her erasing black women from history came out and I guess someone from the studio finally got a hold of her:

and it goes on from there.  Whee. 

44 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Then the thought pieces about her erasing black women from history came out and I guess someone from the studio finally got a hold of her:

I'd skewer her in Twitter all in good fun over Rebel having an it's all about me brain fart moment thanks to the self encompassing bubble that nearly all actors and actresses live in, but racism? 

I can think of more worthy people in that industry to accuse of that.  James Woods would be near the top of that list.

I guess this goes here, since it's going to be a movie (but it's not clear if it's made for TV or a theatrical release) - but Vince Gilligan is making a Breaking Bad movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter. No details about if it's another prequel, or a sequel, or an entirely new story set in that universe.

If it's a TV movie - AMC is going bonkers with movies based on their TV properties. First the Walking Dead, now this.

What the fuck? Normally I can think of what a movie to a series could be, but you literally see ALL of Walt's life. Better Call Saul is what you get when you even try to think of a prequel to Breaking Bad.

But this? I'm totally puzzled as to what this could be. I doubt Vince Gilligan bastardizes Breaking Bad by re-imagining it as a movie and there's no wiggle room in the series as is to tell a story about what happened during it. It's one of the few series I can think of where you see everything. 

I guess I would be down for...dammit, I probably should spoiler this...

Spoiler

What happens with Jesse after he escapes and he's a free man. Maybe he isn't so free. Maybe the movie begins with Jesse getting out of prison? Maybe Jesse turns to cooking again?