DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Richard Linklater has signed on with Focus Features to write and direct a movie based on the life of Bill Hicks.

To say I'm happy is an understatement

I just hope that David Letterman is fairly represented. I'm kidding.

Seems a long time coming. I wonder if that is a project that has been in development Hell?

1 hour ago, Execproducer said:

I just hope that David Letterman is fairly represented. I'm kidding.

Seems a long time coming. I wonder if that is a project that has been in development Hell?

They could save themselves some time and cast  Denis Leary to play him, he already knows the routines. . .  :)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

...and after we see the movie, probably a Queen Fans Hunting Bad Filmmakers thread

But who to blame? Bryan Singer, whose name is on the movie but left/ was asked to leave during production, or Dexter Fletcher, who finished it off uncredited?

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Richard Linklater has signed on with Focus Features to write and direct a movie based on the life of Bill Hicks.

To say I'm happy is an understatement

So what did you do that made RIPPA put you on ignore, when he could have just banned you?

It was lost in all the music talk

To make up for it

Bird Box

Sandra Bullock and giant fucking lot of other people

Directed by Susanne Bier

Netflix with limited theater release

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was 13 and this all feels like yesterday.

God Dammit Gary - you couldn't keep it in your pants?

Definitely fun to theorycraft out what would have happened in that general and thereafter if Hart had stayed clean and won.  We probably never would have had President Clinton.  We probably never have either President Bush (Dole or another R probably wins in '92 or '96). And we almost certainly never have America's first black President.     

All for a little monkey business...

It's weird that isn't up anywhere yet, but we saw a trailer for Happy Death Day 2U in front of Halloween that I thought looked pretty funny. I heard from others that the first one is actually good, so now I'm interested in seeing both.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's weird that isn't up anywhere yet, but we saw a trailer for Happy Death Day 2U in front of Halloween that I thought looked pretty funny. I heard from others that the first one is actually good, so now I'm interested in seeing both.

It's pretty tame PG-13 horror, but it makes up for it by being really fun and having a shockingly good lead performance.

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

You'd already know all about how awesome Happy Death Day was if you visited the Horror Movie Thread more often. :)

We talked about it a lot.

I have heard that this movie will be more of a side-quel than a sequel, whatever that means.

The producers keep talking about Tree's story being told from a different perspective (Lori's maybe?), but I thought the premise was to have a direct sequel where Tree enters yet another time loop to find out why she had the Groundhog Day from Hell in the first place, only to have Lori hunt her down yet again.

They obviously did not go with Hard Powder because powder by nature is not hard.  That's why it's fucking powder.

If they are making a play on words about cocaine in reference to the condition of the snow on the mountains, the proper term is dense powder.

I am being a nitpicky asshole today because work sucks today and the weather is dreary and we are all sniping at each other's assumed lack of attention to detail.

I would not have to come to work on Sunday to fix someone else's shit if they would just use the fucking checklist we all designed as a team.

Don't break shit and then go on vacation for two days under the assumption that I won't remember to fucking curse you out when you get back.