DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Is this getting a regular theatre release? Looks like fun.

One would assume yes due to the people involved.

That being said - in the states, that 2/22 date is the same day that How to Train Your Dragon 3 is coming out 

A lot of places (including IMDB) at still listing March 1 as its release date and that date is more wide open so it could be one of those "Open in NY and LA and the UK" on the 22 and then its wide release is a week later

All of this is me guessing though

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Al Pacino is going to play King Lear next year. In a movie, to be directed by Michael Radford,  who directed him in The Merchant of Venice fifteen years ago.

This is based on a novel that was published in 2001.  My daughter wasn't even born yet.  In two weeks, she'll turn sixteen.

This gives me hope that someone will reach back further than this and get The Stainless Steel Rat or Elric of Melebone on Netflix, A Prime, HBO, or something.

Which reminds me.  Is Neuromancer still on or is it in dev hell?  Speak to me, Tim Miller!

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Which reminds me.  Is Neuromancer still on or is it in dev hell?  Speak to me, Tim Miller!

I wouldn't imagine hearing anything on that front until he finishes the Terminator movie, which just wrapped filming.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I wouldn't imagine hearing anything on that front until he finishes the Terminator movie, which just wrapped filming.

Damn.  I forgot about that.  

Hopefully Fox will make some casting decisions soon for Neuromancer.  Their pick for Molly Millions could determine whether or not I buy a ticket.

ROMA

Directed by Alfonso Cuaron

This is tearing the house down on the festival circuit and gets its Netflix debut next week.  It's about a domestic worker in a wealthy family's home in Mexico City. 

0.jpg?w=780

Tyler Perry as Colin Powell in Vice

Folks are trying to claim that Perry looks unrecognizable

That sounds to me like some people think Perry looks like Maeda in real life

• Haha 2