DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

4 pages ago. And I thought I went back far enough when I looked 2-3 pages back.   

Plus, I didn't pay attention because it wasn't accompanied by 20 pictures of WWE superstars dressed in their Halloween costumes holding old championship belts.

HERE'S ALEXA BLISS DRESSED AS PEGGY BUNDY HOLDING THE NWA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Malcolm McDowell has been cast as Rupert Murdoch in the Roger Ailes biopic, Fair and Balanced

• John Lithgow is Ailes
  • Nicole Kidman is Gretchen Carlson
  • Charlize Theron is Megan Kelly
  • Allison Janney is Susan Estrich' (Ailes attorney)
  • Margot Robbie is playing a fictional FOX News associate producer
  • Kate McKinnon has been announced but her role hasn't said yet
  • Jay Roach is directing

Man, remember when Adam McKay and Jay Roach were purely comedy directors? Not that I'm against what each guy is doing now, but both seemed to take this sharp turn away from zany comedy movies at about the same time.

To be fair - bigger horror films should probably be discussed here.

I consider a terrible King remake to be big. (Same with say A Quiet Place 2)

I have no fucking clue why that Overlord dreck is here though 

Why is there a Horror thread? Because outside of the Superhero folder, we don't differentiate movies by genre otherwise. Was someone complaining about hating horror films and not wanting them in the main movie thread or something? Because it's not like there's an ongoing separate thread for action movies or romcoms or whatever. There might be things like a sports movie thread back in the day, but it's not like anyone complained about the Creed 2 trailer being posted here and not there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Why is there a Horror thread? 

Why not?  The Horror thread is there for discussing all things Horror whether it be on movies or television.  It helps to keep the other general threads from getting to cluttered and it is an easy genre to lump together.  Or so you'd think.

If we discussed all movies regardless of genre in the general threads. they'd be a trillion pages long by the end of each month.

If a movie is supposed to fucking scare you, post about it in the fucking Horror thread.  The thread is usually on the first page so it's not like you have to drill down deep into the board to get to it.

It's also nearly Halloween.  Talking about Horror in the Horror thread should be muscle memory and not like pulling teeth.

There's a horror thread for the same reason there are Star Wars/Star Trek/supehero movie threads.  All are popular enough on their own to have a series of conventions around the US/world, so rather than overrun the main thread they get sectioned out.

• Like 1