DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Stop Hitting yourself, Mick. Are you crying? Stop Hitting yourself? Are you crying yet, babyMANDIBLE CLAW MANDIBLE CLAW IT"S 1998!!!

piranesi

Some of Seth being weak is on them.  Some on him.  Some not. A lot is unfair.  Some isn't.

- His babyface promos have been whiny and unlikable (part his fault, part the writing)

- In people's memories, during his title run he was always weak and only won with HHH's help (not his fault but fair from audience perspective)

- Despite like a year run carrying RAW, people now see him as made of glass because his legs keep shattering on him before Mania (not his fault and unfair)

- He was BURIED repeatedly by Stephanie and HHH in promos where he basically talked big and then was made to cry on camera when they pointed out what a bitch he was (not his fault but fair criticism)

- Once he lost their backing he also continued to lose and has fallen out of the title picture proving they were right about him (not his fault but fair)

- His whole motivation as a "good guy" has just been to get back at people he hates, which is a heel motivation. He never actually did anything "heroic" to warrant the turn

- His stupid fucking hair and face

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Get ready for Mick Foley to save Seth at WM, making Seth look even weaker.

If they tried to make Seth look half as strong as they've tried to make Roman look, he'd be fine, but they just keep cutting his legs out from underneath him while trying to push him as a big deal. At this point, how am I supposed to look at Seth as being any stronger than, say, Sami Zayn? 

But have we considered, fuck Seth Rollins? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zev said:

The same place where Savage and Steamboat rehearsed. Where Hogan and Warrior tended to their choreography. Where Brock and Goldberg now spend their Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Parts Unknown.

Tear down the cockpit door, BILL GOLDBERG. Move aside the two pilots who have already made the sacrifice. 

TAKE DA CONTROLS AND TURN THE PLANE INTO A NOSE-DIVE, BILL. GOLD. BERG. 

And soon, you will find yourself

*snarls*

At the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

2 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Also, Stephanie is basically the original Sheik at this point. HHH's run from late 2002 to Mania XXI was awful, but she's past that point. We've reached a level of heel dominance to a degree I don't think ANYONE is going over her. 

If Stephanie starts throwing fireballs, wrestling in barbed wire matches, and being as crazy as The Sheik; I might be able to let her dominance slide.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Victator said:

Who named Kassius Ohno?

SLAM! Wrestling has a short interview with recently released NXT star Chris Hero at this link. In the interview, Hero said that the name "Kassius Ohno" was something that he came up with after the first list of names that he submitted got rejected. He said that he wanted his initials to be "K.O." and that he felt "Ohno" was easy to chant.

"I thought Kassius was a strong name on its own that even if they dropped the Ohno, it was still a good name," Hero. said. "Visit Wrestling Inc.I found out later that 'Ono' is the Japanese word for 'Axe.' Given what's happened, it's strangely appropriate."

Just now, Roman said:

'Aurora' and 'Rose' on their own aren't bad, but if you say 'Aurora Rose', it sounds like a dog that's trying to imitate human speech.

I think it sounds like the name of a sharpshooter in a wild west show from the 1920s...and that's pretty great.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:08 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been slightly disappointed in Corey lately. I don't think we got any Pantera references at Fastlane or the past two Raw's.

He's saving it up for when Matt Hardy re-signs and he can use an "I'm Broken" reference. 

It's a slow build. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 3:58 PM, Phantom Lord said:

I just realized with next week's RAW in Brooklyn and them running BRAUN vs. Roman at the Barclay's, we might finally get some DIE ROMAN DIE chants. Braun is gonna be a mega face. Brooklyn loves dudes who just destroy guys.

Plus, the beard.