DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I seem to remember endless Pretty Wonderful v Scorpio/Bagwell matches on WCW SN once upon a time and they were all great

They were also good foils for the Nasty Boys.

• Like 1

So remember

Which you can tell was posted on Dec 13

Since I am fairly positive Swann is losing to Neville at the Rumble - that means all will have lost their title in less than a 6 week span.

And to have that happen right before Feb is the most WWE thing ever

• Like 12

Yeah, but it was way past time for New Day to drop the titles, and it has been clear for months that the WWE prefers Charlotte to Sasha, so I don't think the tweet has anything to do with it.  The timing of the whole thing is pretty hilarious, though.

Just now, mattdangerously said:

Yeah, but it was way past time for New Day to drop the titles, and it has been clear for months that the WWE prefers Charlotte to Sasha, so I don't think the tweet has anything to do with it.  The timing of the whole thing is pretty hilarious, though.

Yeah - I am not trying to say the Tweet is the reason at all (since I think we all saw the switches coming) it is definitely the timing though that is the best

I mean honestly - New Day should be really in their 2nd reign right now or should be challenging to get it back. But hey - Anderson and Gallows deserve chance 84

But good news friends - February means the WWE acknowledges Ernie Ladd worked for the company again!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

But good news friends - February means the WWE acknowledges Ernie Ladd worked for the company again!

The video tribute where every black male working in the fed says that JYD was their main influence will infuriate me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So remember

Which you can tell was posted on Dec 13

Since I am fairly positive Swann is losing to Neville at the Rumble - that means all will have lost their title in less than a 6 week span.

And to have that happen right before Feb is the most WWE thing ever

The most WWE thing ever was showing the One Man Gang transformation to Akeem on 24/7 during their celebration of Black History Month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Considering all the horrible things Moolah did that is way worse.  JYD is far from the worst person to admire.

JYD is actually one of the better people to admire.

It just bugs me that brothas on the roster appear to be scripted to mention a black WWE worker as their inspiration when they do their testimonials and on top of that, they usually mention the babiest of faces like JYD or Rocky Johnson.

Next month, I'd love to hear David Otunga say, "Man, I used to love to watch Bad News Brown beat people up when I was a kid."

• Like 5

And oh yeah. 

Next month, we can celebrate the existence of Ernie Ladd and also be able to relive the magic of D'Lo Brown's miracle dual  European Championship (now making his fall residence in Lizbon, Portugal!) / Intercontinental Title run which was one of the best gimmicks in the fed not named DGeneration X.

• Like 2

I'm still trying to figure out why the company prefers Charlotte over Sasha. I guess you can debate their in-ring work but as an overall package, Sasha sells a ton of merch, I always see little girls dressed up as her, she has over 2 million IG followers, she gets good reactions despite booking and she stated in an interview the only time she's ever really missed significant time because of injury was not her fault, it was something to do with a ref.

• Like 1