DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Peck said:

House Show front rows are almost always around $100. It's TV/PPV where you could be looking at $250-$500 for ringside. 

TV front row can't be $250 can it?  I went to both a RAW and SDL in recent weeks. I was about three rows back for both shows. Our tickets were $110.  I can't imagine more than double for being two feet closer.

26 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I was 6th row on the floor facing the hardcam for the Raw in Toronto in November. Those tickets were $700. 

That's fucking insane.  My friends and I got hardcam seats for Smackdown in the sixth row in 2002 for $60.  

By some miracle, we got front row seats for RAW that year (the night Jim Ross was forced to wrestle and actually got the pin) and we were on-air all night (sitting next to Lillian, my friend kept trying to hit on her) those were $100.

There is no way in hell I would pay more than double that for a show now.  

Kudos to them that they can, but if you complain about how expensive tickets are, and then pay for them, you are part of the problem.

• Like 1

I got lucky. My buddy's roommate is on the show Letterkenny and went a little nuts buying the tickets. Mine was free because he's the best guy ever. Now everyone go watch Letterkenny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

TV front row can't be $250 can it?  I went to both a RAW and SDL in recent weeks. I was about three rows back for both shows. Our tickets were $110.  I can't imagine more than double for being two feet closer.

Yeah, usually WWE shills the "best" floor seats as part of their "Ringsider" or "Official Platinum Seats" collection.

Example:

Smackdown Live in Pittsburgh on 3/14.

Floor seats in Section 7(corner of floor, not even center) in the first 2 rows are listed at $405 apiece face value, only available in pairs as part of Official Platinum Seats. The 1st row NOT on the floor but facing hard cam are also Official Platinum at $275 apiece.

"Ringsider" package(what I just pulled up now is 2nd row facing Hard Cam) is listed at $494 face value and comes with Chair, Autographed Photo, Souvenir Ticket Plaque and Drawstring bag.

Your "normal" Floor ticket is $120 face value.

Newest WON

There have been some changes made in WrestleMania plans as noted in recent weeks, with the major thing being that the proposed Undertaker vs. John Cena match is off the boards.

Vince McMahon changed his mind on the match, which was to be one of the two biggest matches in 2016, and at one point one of the top matches for the 4/2 show in Orlando.

The card will be clearer coming out of the Royal Rumble, on 1/29 in San Antonio. Undertaker, and whoever was to challenge for the Universal title on Raw, would have been Rumble favorites if the idea was to go with tradition and have the Rumble winner challenge for one of the two the major titles at Mania.

While connecting dots can come up with a pretty good idea of the show, the key things known is that Undertaker right now is not scheduled to challenge for either title on the show. He did appear on the 1/9 Raw show, after first arriving on Smackdown, because when he was on Smackdown, it was to build for him to face Cena. Now he will face someone on the Raw roster. There was a tease of Braun Strowman on Raw, but it will not be Strowman as things stand right now.

The key matches remain Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg, which based on current hints and direction looks likely to be presented as the main event on the show, HHH vs. Seth Rollins and Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal.

There has been the long tease of Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho. With Jericho still on the books for touring over the summer, Mania seems like the place to finally do the match. They have just started teasing a split up of The Wyatt Family on Smackdown.

Roman Reigns will obviously be in one of the major matches on the show. This also leaves open spots for Cena, A.J. Styles, Finn Balor (who is expected to be back in action around March unless that date is a Rumble swerve, which it probably isn’t) and Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and Miz is just starting as a program and timing wise I could see them building to a blow-off. But there is a tradition of the multiple person ladder match over the IC title as well, although I could also see them doing the first major show women’s ladder match instead. If Jericho is to retain the U.S. title, that would seem earmarked for the Owens match, if that is the direction they continue.

There will be six or seven major main event level singles matches on the show, not including cruiserweights or women. The women’s match is not finalized, but Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax is the current proposed main woman’s match.

Both the Rumble and Fast Lane will be impacting the matches and stipulations on the show.

The Rumble, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, is being built around the idea of a monsters show with Goldberg, Undertaker, Lesnar and Strowman all in the match. Others announced thus far are Jericho, Rollins, Corbin, Ambrose, Miz, The New Day and Ziggler.

The other matches announced thus far are Owens vs. Reigns for the Universal title with Jericho in a shark cage hung above the ring, Styles vs. Cena for the WWE title, Charlotte vs. Bayley for the Raw women’s title and Rich Swann vs. Neville for the cruiserweight title.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

WHAT~????

Dear Lord  old man - do you not remember anything?

The teased this forever and then set it up at Mania last year

And then they did this at the ESPYs

Show/Shaq is the one match that's been confirmed for a long time and actually referenced on their social media. Maybe on television too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Was the little blurb about Triple H really wanting Kota Ibushi versus Neville at WrestleMania posted here? I mean, it'll never happen, but dude is definitely a dreamer.

Yeah, I doubt Ibushi wouldn't be up for that. He just doesn't want to sign a full-time contract with WWE, but a match at Wrestlemania? Why wouldn't he want to do that?
I have my doubts Vince would be up for that, though.

Are they really going to close Wrestlemania with Brock vs. Goldberg in the year 2017, though? Jesus...

You'd think they'd start hyping Show vs. Shaq already.  This feels like it's taking forever and it's almost an afterthought to them.

23 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Undertaker is going to face the one opponent he might not be able to overcome - a set of steps.

Given how slow he moves, I assume it will be a 60 min Ironman match,

Taker's probably missing his levitation powers about now.  He used it for years while he could still walk to the ring, and now he needs it and it's not there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Z said:

Are they really going to close Wrestlemania with Brock vs. Goldberg in the year 2017, though? Jesus...

Couldnt they just use this to hype Mania and get people into the stadium but actually close the show with the WWE Title or Universal title match?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dear Lord  old man - do you not remember anything?

The teased this forever and then set it up at Mania last year

And then they did this at the ESPYs

Oh, I remember it well enough.  I just think it's a horrible idea and occasionally I will skip a dosage of my Alzheimer's meds so that I forget that was actually a thing that could come to pass.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Newest WON

Fuck. I've wanted to see The Undertaker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania for years before and after the end of the Streak. Shame it never happened during the Streak and when Cena had a zero in his WrestleMania record.

Blah at a Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg main event. I can see Roman Reigns closing WrestleMania three years running for the Reigns bug push.

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I can see Roman Reigns closing WrestleMania three years running for the Reigns bug push.

Can they really be that dumb? I assume they can but I'd be shocked if they actually did.

• Like 1

Well, if he wins the title at the Rumble, I'd definitely expect him to go on last at Mania. Only problem is, barring him turning, the only heel they've built up to face him is Strowman and I have absolutely no desire to see that at WM, especially not for the top title in the company.  I'd love to see him face Zayn since the match should be fantastic, but there's no chance of that happening. 

• Like 1