DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hope the Bills keep Whaley, I don't think he has done a worse job than other GMs (some great finds, some iffy contracts) and I don't see anyone waiting in the wings that I have faith will do a better job than he has. Last year the Bills had two pro bowlers (Tyrod and Incognito) that no other team seem interested in that Whaley got for cheap, not to mention Hughes. Not every draft pick worked out but overall I think he did an above average job. All indications are that he didn't pick Rex, the owners did, he deserves a chance to do his own coach search and die on his own sword.

Really?  The guy that runs the team that has the fewest of their own draft picks on the team.  The guy that constantly dances too close to the salary cap

Your AFC playoff scenarios

All six playoff teams have been decided. Now it's just a matter of seeding.

New England clinches home field throughout the AFC playoffs with a win over Miami or an Oakland loss against Denver.

Oakland clinches AFC West and a first round bye with a win over Denver or a Kansas City loss to San Diego.
Oakland clinches home field through the AFC playoffs with a win over Denver and a New England loss to Miami.

Kansas City clinches AFC West and a first round bye with a win over San Diego and an Oakland loss to Denver.

Pittsburgh is locked into the #3 seed. Houston is locked into the #4 seed.

Miami can move up to the #5 seed with a win over New England and a Kansas City loss to San Diego.

Your NFC playoff scenarios

Dallas is locked into the #1 seed.

Atlanta can clinch the #2 seed with:
-A win over New Orleans
-A tie against New Orleans and a Seattle loss to San Francisco
-A Seattle loss to San Francisco and a Detroit loss or tie against Green Bay
-A Seattle tie against San Francisco and a Detroit loss to Green Bay

Seattle clinches the #2 seed with:
-A win over San Francisco and an Atlanta loss to New Orleans
-A Seattle tie against San Francisco and an Atlanta loss to New Orleans and a Green Bay/Detroit tie

Detroit clinches the NFC North if they win against Green Bay.
Detroit clinches the #2 seed with a win over Green Bay and a Seattle loss or tie against San Francisco and an Atlanta loss or tie against New Orleans.
Detroit clinches a playoff spot with a tie against Green Bay or a Washington loss or tie against the New York Football Giants.

Green Bay clinches the NFC North if they win against Detroit.
Green Bay clinches a playoff spot with a Washington loss to the New York Football Giants. They are not in play for a first-round bye.

The New York Football Giants are locked into the #5 spot.

Washington clinches a playoff berth with a win over the New York Football Giants, provided the Detroit/Green Bay game does not end in a tie. (If Green Bay/Detroit ends in a tie, both NFC North teams get in and Washington is out.)
Washington also gets in with a tie against New York and a Green Bay loss to Detroit and a Tampa Bay loss to Carolina.

Tampa Bay clinches a playoff berth with a win over Carolina and a Washington tie against the Giants and a Green Bay loss to Detroit and clinching the strength of victory tiebreaker over Green Bay, which would require all of the following results:
-Tennessee over Houston
-Indianapolis over Jacksonville
-Dallas over Philadelphia
-San Francisco over Seattle

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I am going to be so pissed when Giants play Ryan Nassib or whoever their 2nd stringer is, play like shit, and listen to Skins talking about SB for weeks.  I already hear this WE WANT DALLAS talk

It's even better - Nasib is on IR so the back up is Josh Johnson

Yeah, I was thinking last night that Rex has a personality that might play better in a college setting.  I can imagine being successful as a well paid college coach.

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

But a year or two off on TV isn't a bad idea, and some guys find it hard to leave such a significantly easier yet still high paying job.

I'm astonished at some of the name guys who seem to be content to be a commentator.  I would have bet money Jon Gruden couldn't stay out of the game for long, and I would have bet even more money that Bill Cowher would be a lifer.  Nope.

22 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Yeah, I was thinking last night that Rex has a personality that might play better in a college setting.  I can imagine being successful as a well paid college coach.

I'm astonished at some of the name guys who seem to be content to be a commentator.  I would have bet money Jon Gruden couldn't stay out of the game for long, and I would have bet even more money that Bill Cowher would be a lifer.  Nope.

Yeah, but a NFL coach works something like 15-18 hours a day, 365. Where as, for roughly the same money, if not better, a TV guy has what a forty hour week for 6 months? No brainer if you can shut off the competitive streak. . .

19 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Yeah, but a NFL coach works something like 15-18 hours a day, 365. Where as, for roughly the same money, if not better, a TV guy has what a forty hour week for 6 months? No brainer if you can shut off the competitive streak. . .

Oh, I completely agree, but, if you could shut off that competitive streak and be happy doing something else, odds are you wouldn't have put in the time and made the sacrifices required to be a NFL coach in the first place.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Oh, I completely agree, but, if you could shut off that competitive streak and be happy doing something else, odds are you wouldn't have put in the time and made the sacrifices required to be a NFL coach in the first place.  

Fair enough. . . .

On 12/28/2016 at 4:45 AM, Gonzo said:

Tampa Bay clinches a playoff berth with a win over Carolina and a Washington tie against the Giants and a Green Bay loss to Detroit and clinching the strength of victory tiebreaker over Green Bay, which would require all of the following results:
-Tennessee over Houston
-Indianapolis over Jacksonville
-Dallas over Philadelphia
-San Francisco over Seattle

It should be noted that it is looking like Mark Sanchez and McFadden are taking over for Dak and Zeke for most of the Eagles game.