DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, dogwelder said:

So...what should the Skins offer Cousins?  $17/5?  Because you know he'll walk away if it's less and I can't see the Skins offering much more than that.

They are franchising him for another year. So it's kick the can for one more year THEN start over again

It just cracks me up how the media practically begged the Skins fan to root for the Cowboys in the last 2 weeks.  Almost to the point of questioning their fanbase if you didn't.  So the fans did there part and the Cowboys did their part.  You control your own destiny and you still blew it.   and I am sure they will be telling people that the Giants weren't fair because they didn't rest their starters

Man I didn't think anything would top the swinging gate but that last TD sure might be it 

Just now, RIPPA said:

They are franchising him for another year. So it's kick the can for one more year THEN start over again

I know it'll be that.  But I sort of can't see them giving Cousins $24 million.  If it's going to be a lame duck year, hell, I'd say bring in Cutler.

Also, this:

C1H-8sDXcAEzlUB.jpg

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Not recalling all the things needed, I assume this means the Packers are in the playoffs win or loss?

Correct - both the Lions and Packers are now in.

Winner tonight is the division winner

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

So unless I am misreading:

Winner of tonight's Pack/Lions game hosts the Giants next week

Loser travels to Seattle

You are correct. Seattle surviving prevented this just being to decide home field for the rematch next week, which would have been hilarious given how high the stakes could've been by kickoff.