DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

The Philly stuff is classic Lord of The Flies stuff.

(From an eagles beat reporter's twitter) During confusion over a penalty a while ago, we were all trying to figure out the call. An Eagles staffer yelled for us to be quiet. (1)

2) Many of us took exception, Jeff most vocally. He then went to the staffer and calmly discussed why the admonishment was inappropriate.

(3) A while, later, security guard comes and tells Jeff he is being ejected "for violating the fan code of conduct."

Other reporters are being told they will be ejected as well if they interfere with Jeff being ejected from the press box

Eagles Sr VP Anne Gordon made it clear to everyone objecting that she would be happy to eject us all, and that fallout did not concern her.

In otherwords, expect the next six months to be nothing but the Philly Media finding new and innovative ways to shit on the Eagles.. which is ironic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Lions should send the Packers a check for like 10 million dollars and just go "0-0 tie okay?"

If Washington wins, I'm down with this. Go to the playoffs and eliminate WFC?

Unless Seattle and Atlanta both lose. Then they have to try to get the bye.

1 minute ago, dogwelder said:

I almost hope the Giants don't sit Eli, because I don't want the Skins basically backdooring their way into the playoffs.

Eh, winning the last week isn't a backdoor at all, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of who sits. Losing and still getting in, that's a backdoor.

Also I'm perfectly okay with New York locking the Lions into a backdoor berth, though still clearly rooting for a division title.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Eh, winning the last week isn't a backdoor at all, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of who sits. Losing and still getting in, that's a backdoor.

Also I'm perfectly okay with New York locking the Lions into a backdoor berth, though still clearly rooting for a division title.

I guess I'm saying backdoor because there is NO sense of urgency for the Skins as far as I can see.  It's, like, they're just going through the motions at times.

And I can't really blame it on Joe Barry.  There's, what, 2 or 3 players I'd keep on that atrocious D right now.  It's more the offense's fault and the way it's going now, good luck Kirk in getting that huge contract.