DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Corey's Got Pink Eye - 11/28/2016

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Charlotte's arms looked like a crime scene. She took those kendo stick shots like a champ.

When Sasha got out of that figure 4 on the floor by swinging that kendo stick on Charlotte's chest and stomach I winced like hell.  That looked like every inch of that stick hit her body

• Like 3

I loved both last night's main event and HIAC. For all the corny talk about how their match ups are "historic" and "groundbreaking" in promos, once the bell rings they have been the closest thing to pure hate-feuled brawling that WWE has had all year. There have been moments of sloppiness in the ring but I think that actually adds to the chaos and hate. And even when Charlotte does flashier moves like her moonsault it is all in the name of winning the match. The welts all over Charlotte's body last night and the fact that it basically took a death submission for Sasha to win was absolutely awesome.

I genuinely believe the men's roster could take some cues from last night's match and HIAC, because as far as I am concerned, once the bell rang Charlotte and Sasha brought the hate in the ring more than anyone else in WWE has all year.

• Like 4

On 11/28/2016 at 10:16 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I really liked the Sheamus and Cesaro bar brawl too. I'd love to see more shit like that.

Watch Lucha Underground.

Loved the main. Good show overall, but actually preferred last week.

Really hope Jericho has a nice Roadblock End of the Line swerve to kwwp the title away from Reigns. A title-wielding Reigns/Lesnar/Goldberg match is an all time Mania nightmare, but unfortunately makes so much sense at this point.

Have to agree that the all-business entrances for Charlotte/Sasha were great and really set the tone for the match. One good thing about this very excessive 50/50 writing for them (if I have to find a silver lining) is that Sasha's gotten enough big moments now that she can settle into the story of her matches better without exuding "happy to be there" vibes at all times. Even at the end with Ric, she was still mostly acting in accordance with coming out on top of a hate-filled war.

Also the finish was a great use of the FCA stip. Just a quick, nasty-looking move that couldn't happen in the ring. It was one of those finishes that initially didn't feel "right" when you're conditioned to the standard WWE main event flow, but it makes perfect sense when you think about it, and that makes you like the timing element even more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is nice that Cedric appears to be the first CWC guy to be getting an angle (outside of the title stuff) but I am really hesitant around it being a love interest with Alicia. I guess Cedric likes them crazy..

Ya think?

2018232-cedric-alexander-veda-scott.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

No one has deserved it, frankly.  Marty Sugar had the last great run a couple seasons ago. I can't hand out something so precious when no performance has warranted such.  Not even Natural, and I actually like that dude!

Cheers, @Burgundy LaRue xxx

34 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Which is basically a four way between Styles, Revival, Kendrick, and Hardy this year, which is quite an odd grouping.

Switch Kendrick for Miz and you have the four favourites for March Madness.

• Like 1

Rippa's going to put all 4 of them in the same quarter of the draw just to fuck with everyone.  I will put money on it.  

Then I will get that money and make him review Superbrawl IX. 

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

Things that are more over than Roman Reigns.

1. Kenny Omega

2. Kenny Omega's broom

3. The Miz

4. Vogon Poetry.

5. The Popcorn Kernel I Am Currently Picking Out of My Teeth.

Ever try reciting Vogon Poetry over top the lyrics of the Doors' "Moonlight Drive"?

I'm not saying it's Emily Dickinson meets Yellow Rose of Texas level successful, but I am saying that it would be more over than Reigns, yes.

• Like 2