DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK SEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

33 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

As a fan of a team that will likely be battling for the #6 seed in the AFC, I would like for the Steelers to lose every game without Big Ben. If this is possible.

Next 6 weeks for the Steelers, which to me looks like a 3-2 kind of campaign with.

Pats

Bye Week

@Baltimore

Cowboys

@Browns

@Colts 

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

As a fan of a team that will likely be battling for the #6 seed in the AFC, I would like for the Steelers to lose every game without Big Ben. If this is possible.

i-am-not-saying-i-hate-you-but.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

And that is why I fucks with J.T. We tell jokes, but we ain't kidding. :)

"Just because we check the guns at the door doesn't mean our brains will change from hand grenades."

- "Heathens" by 21 Pilots.

Say what you will about Drew Magary, but he's one of the people who hates DC as much as @RIPPA.   From this week's Jambaroo:

Skins at Lions: Here in DC the local sports talk radio station constantly airs a divorce lawyer ad from a firm named Cordell & Cordell, and it’s the saddest shit you ever heard. Every 10 minutes, I hear, “Make sure you take an inventory of all your belongings! Video works fine!” and then I want to drive off an overpass. These people have a scarily intimate knowledge of the Skins fan demographic.

Piece of shit Josh Brown will not travel with the Giants to London and the team will re-evaluate his status after the bye.

Most likely they will bring back Randy Bollock since he already has a visa

My favorite team is really pissing me the fuck off

• Like 1

Instead of this ugly color rush crap, just do retro uni's on thursday. They'd still be ugly, but at least both teams would be that way(as opposed to when the Steelers go bumblebee, or whateverthe fuck those Packers things are).

I could get into the Packers wearing all white once a year. This is the colour rush game that is like "fuck you other colour rush games, we're just gonna look like ourselves."

Also, this Packers team is totally going to waste the first good run defence they've had in forever by going 8-8.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Instead of this ugly color rush crap, just do retro uni's on thursday. They'd still be ugly, but at least both teams would be that way(as opposed to when the Steelers go bumblebee, or whateverthe fuck those Packers things are).

Actually, you won't see that because as the Uni Watch guy has said, in 2019 we get the 100th Anniversary Season, so it'll be like 1994 with every team wearing throwbacks.

The Bears had better wear the fucking Decatur Staleys jerseys this time.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Whelp - the Giants just signed Robbie Gould to a 1 year deal so yeah Brown ain't coming back

I have zero fucking respect for John Mara

Josh Brown should be suspended indefinitely, I never want to see him in Giants uniform again. Or any other NFL uniform for that matter.

• Like 1

I have to think Brown is getting suspended eventually.  Goddell is getting justly destroyed on this because it comes off like the only way you can get punished for domestic violence in the NFL is to have an actual video of the incident.  Writing in a journal that you abused your wife isn't enough in his world.   It also really helps to be white apparently.   Of course whatever suspension he does he will get appealed and overturned/reduced so maybe asking Roger to do something isn't worth it anyway 

Also don't understand why the Giants are so ride or die on him.  He is a fucking kicker.  There are 50 kickers out of work who can kick close to his level.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I have to think Brown is getting suspended eventually.  Goddell is getting justly destroyed on this because it comes off like the only way you can get punished for domestic violence in the NFL is to have an actual video of the incident.  Writing in a journal that you abused your wife isn't enough in his world.   It also really helps to be white apparently

Of course whatever suspension he does he will get appealed and overturned/reduced so maybe asking Roger to do something isn't worth it anyway 

The other thing that makes this look bad, fairly or not, is that the black players have been punished and/or black balled.  Josh Brown got a one game suspension, and he seems to be a serial batterer.  Say what you want about Ray Rice, but he seems to be the only one of these dudes who has owned the fact that he did something wrong.  He can't get a job.  Josh "Easily Replaceable" Brown is outchea kicking after being out for one game.  The issue with the NFL trying to legislate the morality of their players is that they have no plan and we all get to interpret their actions from our own perspectives.  Why is Ray Rice not in the NFL right now?  Why is Greg Hardy not in the NFL?  Why is it that a team that publicly said they have a zero tolerance policy on domestic violence allowing a serial batterer slide on his domestic violence?  Is it right for the NFL to punish Josh Brown again when he hasn't had another incident after the initial punishment?  They heard that his wife called the cops on him over 20 times, and they thought that was worth a one game suspension.  I don't understand why he is suddenly unemployable, when we pretty much knew all of this stuff in the first damn place.  There is no right way to do this stuff, but the NFL wants us to believe that they are some sort of moral authority.  They are not, they are as fallible as the rest of the world.  The reason that our legal system is based off laws and not some sort of moral code is that there is no way to legislate morality.  You can say what is a crime and decide what is the punishment for that crime.  If somehow someone does something that falls outside of those parameters, they get to go home without any punishment.  You don't have to feel good about it, but it is a process that we have all agreed to live with.  Deciding what is a crime, what is the punishment, and how to handle these things on a case to case basis is never going to work.  Everyone is going to have an opinion on your decision, and most of their opinions will be different than yours.  It is a losing proposition.

• Like 1

Rice is at an age most backs fall of badly, and was showing serious signs of decline his last active year. Washed up + PR headache = unemployed

Hardy got a shot last year and didn't show value or remorse. 

Brown?  Yeah, I got nothing. There are maybe five kickers in the NFL who are worth putting up with any off field issues whatsoever, and he ain't one of them.

In other - non-infuriating news for me

Jordan Reed is out again on Sunday as his still hasn't recovered from his 6th concussion.

Based on his comments - he probably is going to keep trying to play until someone tells him he no longer can

Jamaal Charles, Shady McCoy and Desean Jackson are all questionable