DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS THE TALKIN' SMACK PRESHOW

piranesi

2 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm now imagining Ambrose siphoning gas for a 1974 school bus that he drives for the local alternative school, using his mouth as the siphon pump--and eating the mint from the cafeteria lady BEFORE the deed.  In other words, Dean Ambrose = WWE's Auto.

Otto

14 minutes ago, zev said:

Slater's above ground pool is just a dilapidated boat turned upside down?

He lives on a trailer illegally parked in the woods behind Broken Matt Hardy's estate, and he sneaks onto the grounds to let his kids use the boat. 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for wwe.com to tell us where we can get that table. I'm guessing the delay is because they assumed the "where" would be like the name of a store not a hand drawn map to a hole in the fence at the county transfer station. 

37 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

So, I've never actually seen the Headbangers before. My only takeaway is this: Why the name, and "heavy metal" catch phrase, when their look and dancing borrow from the hardcore--not metal--scene? I'm just positive lots of people have been worrying about this for ages, but now I'm stuck.

The gimmick originated in Smoky Mountain Wrestling, so it was Cornette's creation (iirc).

I doubt Cornette knows the difference between hardcore and heavy metal (hell, I don't).

Apparently Cornette came up with the idea after going to a Glen Danzig show. For real. Corny at a Danzig show is such an amazing mental image.

PS Props to Otunga for calling The Headbangers "Marilyn Manson's last two fans"

• Like 4

Tonight was a solid episode. I dug Miz's opening promo. Not sure about him facing off with Ziggler as i think both guys kind of need the win. I do hope this doesn't all end with the Ziggler feud. It feels liek they could do much more with Miz.

Heath continues to be highlight. He and Rhyno have decent chemistry as characters. Tonight's match wasn't enough to judge them much as a team yet.

Crews/Styles was fun. Ambrose/Baron was a nice surprise as well though it felt weird to see Baron in the main event after doing nothing on the main show for weeks aside from bullying Kalisto a couple of times.

Talking Smack was enjoyable though nothing compared to last week's episode. It was weird seeing AJ break his character a bit though I'm not surprised as the show seems to be a mix of work and shoot.

6 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Apparently Cornette came up with the idea after going to a Glen Danzig show. For real. Corny at a Danzig show is such an amazing mental image.

I think it's kind of funny that wherever Cornette goes, all he sees are clothes and people that can eventually be turned into costumes and gimmicks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Wasn't Rick Rubin a financial backer of SMW? I'm sure that's how Cornette was introduced to Glenn Danzig, as Danzig was on Rubin's Def American label for almost ten years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Well, Rick Rubin owned part of SMW. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Tonight was a solid episode. I dug Miz's opening promo. Not sure about him facing off with Ziggler as i think both guys kind of need the win. I do hope this doesn't all end with the Ziggler feud. It feels liek they could do much more with Miz.

I'd say that description fits most of the Smackdown Live roster. Heck just looking at the Backlash card, you could say everyone needs a win. Ambrose needs the win so WWE isn't constantly swapping belts, AJ needs the win because he's so hot and they don't have a huge window with him so they should strike while the iron is hot. Bray desperately needs a huge win over a big name and Orton needs a win so people can slowly forget his loss to Lesnar. American Alpha need the win because they're the best tag team on Smackdown Live and Rhyno/Slater need the win because how else are Slater's kids going to eat. Becky needs to win because it's borderline criminal she's never held gold in WWE/NXT. Nikki needs to win to show she's still the top female on Smackdown Live, Alexa needs the win because she's the best female heel on Smackdown Live and WWE seems to want to have Becky eternally in the chase for the belt.

I kind of like the fact that everyone on Smackdown Live needs a win badly. It makes Backlash a must see event because it will set the tone for Smackdown into 2017

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

I can see it now. "GODDAMN RICK, THIS GUY COULD PROBABLY DO SOME ELVIS SONGS IF HE DIDN'T PLAY SO DARN LOUD".

Also, Otunga shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. The only reason he's even been kept in that company this long is because the WWE thinks some day Jennifer Hudson will grace them with her presence.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

He lives on a trailer illegally parked in the woods behind Broken Matt Hardy's estate, and he sneaks onto the grounds to let his kids use the boat. 

That boat has a name, damn it.  Show it some respect.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I can see it now. "GODDAMN RICK, THIS GUY COULD PROBABLY DO SOME ELVIS SONGS IF HE DIDN'T PLAY SO DARN LOUD".

Also, Otunga shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. The only reason he's even been kept in that company this long is because the WWE thinks some day Jennifer Hudson will grace them with her presence.

The struggling actress?

28 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Baron Corbin really needs someone to threaten him with a bat so he can threaten to stick it up their ass and turn them into a popsicle

I can't be the only one who sees a James Remar resemblance is all I'm sayin

I did!

On 11/10/2015 at 4:41 PM, The Green Meanie said:

Baron Corbin is totally giving me an Ajax from The Warriors vibe, and I'm okay with that.

BaronCorbin-665x385.jpgajax-728x410.jpg

• Like 2